X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need hugs please

Holiday depression sucks.

My quilt sales this year have been in the toilet, I need to lower prices and sell some quilts off, but then I'll be even more in the hole.

There's a mom at the school that's trying to get me fired. I need to write that up for you guys when I'm not so upset about it.

It's looking like we won't be able to afford Christmas this year

Really big craft show: Booth rent $750. Usual sales 5-6k. This year: $395
    School show where I work: Booth rent $120. Usual sales 1-2k. This year. $0
    Local Holiday show: Booth rent $130. Usual sales 2-3k. This year. $50

I am strongly considering a quilt bonfire.
    https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

. I wish I could help.

My Christmas looks bleak, too. We may well be homeless in a month or two if DH can't find a job fast.
    "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Christmas always tends to be bleak for me... I just have a hard time with all the forced cheer of Christmas. On the other hand, while my own problems undo me, other people's problems are my bread and butter.

Who am I?

I am (will be) SUPER SOCIAL WORKER!!!

So, if anyone needs to talk, wants to unload, I'm here for you. Drop me a line.

Edit: Kanalah, I just looked at your blog... Your quilts are absolutely lovely!
      Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

*hugs* Kanalah. I hope things get better for you.
        Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

*hugs* to all.

This Christmas will be the first for me where I am speaking to no family members and I'll be pretty much on my own thanks to a breakdown of communications with the soon to be ex roommate.

After the shit of the last few years I can afford to say I'm ok with that... for now. Might hit me more closer to the day. I do still want to kill all those people who insist its the best part of the year though...
          I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Hugs to everyone. Kanalah how much do you typically charge for say a....queen size quilt? Just to give me a ballpark idea.

As for me this Christmas is bittersweet. My ex boyfriend is finally out of the damn house and so yes I will be alone in that regard but I'm ok with it. It's a little weird after so many years of having a houseful but the kids are all grown up and elsewhere now and the ex like I said is gone so.....I will just get through it. I still have my long distance girlfriends, although I wish I could get them to come here.
            https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
            Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth Kanalah View Post
              Holiday depression sucks.
              It does, indeed. Wish I could help.

Please don't do anything drastic?

Oh, and

Comment

Working...
              X