This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man Licks Sneeze Guard, Doesn't Care

My friend and I stepped into a pizza place for lunch. We decided to get a salad from the salad bar. There was already a man at the salad bar, ahead of us. He was scooping dressing onto his salad. There must have been some dressing on the handle of the ladle, because when he finished with the dressing and put the ladle down, there was a fair amount of dressing on his fingers. It was at this point that he proceeded to do one of the dumbest things I have ever seen a customer do in a restaurant.

First, if you haven't been to a salad bar in a while, let me remind you that at a salad bar there is a sheet of glass that sits between your face and the salad. This glass is referred to as the 'sneeze guard.' The 'sneeze guard' glass is high enough that your hands can comfortably fit below, so that you may serve yourself your salad. OK, so between this guys face and his hands is a sheet of glass. One hand is full with the salad plate. On his other hand, his fingers are covered with dressing. So, what does one do when you have tasty sauce on your fingers? Why, you lick the sauce off your fingers!!

So this gentleman, brings his finger to his mouth to lick the tasty dressing off. But instead of licking his finger, he licks the sneeze guard. Yes, you read that correctly, he licked the sneeze guard. Apparently, he forgot the sneeze guard was there, or just didn't see it. Now, you're probably thinking that it was just a quick peck of a lick, because surely he realized his mistake as soon as his finger and tongue made contact with the glass. Right? No! This was a full on lick, tongue fully extended, and he wiped his tongue on the sneeze guard for a good four or five inches!

Now, surely, at this point, upon realizing what he just did, he must have reacted like any normal person, and shone disgust and embarrassment. Right?? ......No.

After licking the sneeze guard, he stands there for a couple of seconds, just staring at his dressing covered finger under the glass. At this point, it is clear to him what has happened. He can see the sneeze guard clearly now. After all, the underside of the glass is now smeared with dressing from his finger, and the topside is smeared with his saliva. And, he knows we saw him do it. We're right next to him, and we are finding it difficult to suppress our laughter. Without missing a beat, he moves on to the salad
    toppings, and continues on as though nothing happened.

He can see the sneeze guard clearly now
    He can see cleeeearly now,
    The sneeze guard's gone ((*smash!*))
    There ain't no moooore
    Obstacles in his way.
    He can get all da dressing
    That he wants.
    It's gonna be a briiiight, bright,
    Bright sun-shiney day...
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

That's pretty bad. But I can't stand it when people lick food off their fingers. Because then they touch things and get germs all over them. Civilized people just wipe it off with a napkin.

Comment

...And then they touch the food in the pan of food on the buffet line, forcing the workers to throw the entire pan out. Ugh.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

And yet another reason why I hate buffets. People are GROSS.
          "Hi, this is Silver. How may I lose my self respect in order to cater to your over- inflated ego today?" --- Silverrb

Comment

O.o Oh dear oh dear oh dear....
            Is it Asshole Day or what? - MoonCat
            It's ALWAYS Asshole Day. - Jay2KWinger

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
              He can see cleeeearly now,
              The sneeze guard's gone ((*smash!*))
              There ain't no moooore
              Obstacles in his way.
              He can get all da dressing
              That he wants.
              It's gonna be a briiiight, bright,
              Bright sun-shiney day...
              I love the witty song transformations. I do the same things at work and at home ^_^

Comment

Quoth emax4 View Post
                I love the witty song transformations. I do the same things at work and at home ^_^
                The trick is hitting the perfect 50%-wit point.
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                X