This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I have everything?

My coworker steps out for a moment to use the restroom, leaving me alone to hold down the fort. Luckily it is not busy. Woman comes up to my deli counter at about 7:30 (we close at 8:30) and says "can I have a half pound of everything?" Inwardly I groan and think "holy hell, I will be here until midnight slicing a half pound of every meat and cheese we have, as well as packing a half pound of every salad we carry.
    She then clarifies by listing 4 of the items we have on sale, and asks for a half pound of each of those. THANK GOD. Otherwise, I think my brain would've exploded. As it was I was like but the transaction ended okay, so all was well with the world. I explained to my cw and he just laughs. Actually, so did I after the fact!
    I am the commander commando!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What, even the head cheese???

And the LIMBURGER???

When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Glad that turned out well, Scroob. What an odd way for the custy to phrase it though!

Comment

Reminds me of when a friend was working at a FF restaurant. It was him and one other CW at the time, and the other CW went on break. Right then, some guys (high out of their minds, it sounds like) ordered 30 burgers in the drive-thru....
        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Head cheese? That sounds like something that should be kept at the clinic...
          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
            Head cheese? That sounds like something that should be kept at the clinic...
            It's a charcuterie (specifically, a terrine) from an animal's (most commonly, a pig) head. If you decide to Google it, be careful, I imagine anyplace that shows how it is made will be kinda graphic for some.

Surprised one of the multitude of Wisconsinites didn't chime in on this; it's pretty popular up here.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
              It's a charcuterie (specifically, a terrine) from an animal's (most commonly, a pig) head. If you decide to Google it, be careful, I imagine anyplace that shows how it is made will be kinda graphic for some.

Surprised one of the multitude of Wisconsinites didn't chime in on this; it's pretty popular up here.
              Oh, sylte. Made from a pigs head. It's eaten here at Christmas. You can't go into a shop without seeing at least four different kinds at the moment.

Head cheese sound like something, to put it politely, you'd find on a head a bit lower than the hairy one.

Comment

Working...
              X