Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many years ago I was offered a job in the telephone customer service department at Red Checkmark. I was also offered a much better job the next day at StageCoach Bank (one that didn't require customer contact). Guess which one I took?

Your stories make me glad I made the choice I did.
    At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

And he WILL keep being delusional, poor thing.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
        Look buddy, there's what you want and reality. Guess which one wins?
        To paraphrase/quote Adam Savage :" I reject YOUR reality and substitute my own (but very warped) reality"

I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Fast forward to the next day and I get an email from a customer service Supervisor saying SC called back and (true to his word) wanted to speak to me and could I pretty please call him back ASAP.

So I asked my manager what I should do and she advised me to call him back.
          Wow, you guys do that? At Hellvista, we would've just laughed it off. We were there to take calls, not make them.
          Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Wait wait, if his line was upgrade eligible, why WOULDN'T he have been able to use it up and upgrade to the S5? Aren't those upgrades free?

I don't use contract phone service, so I don't know how it works.

Comment

My favorite (which has been said to me exactly twice in my career) is: "I want xx, and I am not leaving here until you give it to me!" Nothing is as satisfying as watching the jerk leave with nothing.
              To seek it with thimbles, to seek it with care;
              To pursue it with forks and hope;
              To threaten its life with a railway share;
              To charm it with forks and hope!

Comment

Quoth Silent-Hunter View Post
                Wait wait, if his line was upgrade eligible, why WOULDN'T he have been able to use it up and upgrade to the S5? Aren't those upgrades free?
                Upgrades were free when phones were relatively cheap, $200-$300 full retail, because under the course of the two year contract they made more than that back. Phones now cost $700-$800 full retail the contract usually drops it to around $200 or so for the latest model, a few models back are usually $100-$200 or less.
                Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

The Truth

What get me is if he was telling the truth if he had called about a developing problem while the phone was under warranty he might had gotten a free phone.

Over a twenty year period of working as a computer tech at one store I must have repaired 50 to 70 units because the customers called in with the serial number and the problem with their machines before the warranty period ended.

We could then call in the needed part(s) and then call the customer. Since we often had 30 days to return the bad parts the customers had plenty of time to bring the units in for repair (very often weeks after the warranty had ended).

And all they had to do was give us a call before the warranty period ends.

Of-course we know that SCs often lie.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
                    Of-course we know that SCs often lie.
                    I'd beg to differ. After all, "SCs often lie" implies that occasionally they tell the truth. How can you tell if an SC is lying? Their lips move.
                    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                      I'd beg to differ. After all, "SCs often lie" implies that occasionally they tell the truth. How can you tell if an SC is lying? Their lips move.
                      No, they'll tell the truth... if it works to their advantage.

Comment

Quoth VComps View Post
                        I think SCs actually 100% believe what they're saying IS the truth.
                        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                          I think SCs actually 100% believe what they're saying IS the truth.
                          Quoth Obi-wan Kenobi
                          Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.
                          Just sayin'

Comment

Quoth VComps View Post
                            We have seen several examples on this forum where that is not true. The SCs will insist on a price that is higher than what the clerk is telling them.
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Mondestrucken View Post
                              "I want xx, and I am not leaving here until you give it to me!"
                              When I worked for the city council car parking dept., someone once said that to a CW I'll call J - the guy had turned up wanting a residents' parking permit, but had no proof of ownership of vehicle nor of residency at that address. So he came out with the above statement...

J (who really didn't care by that stage); OK then, perhaps you would like to take a seat (indicating the chairs by the wall in the reception area)
                              SC; Ah, so you're going to be sensible and do my permit now, right?
                              J: No, but you're going to be waiting a long time so you might as well make yourself comfortable.
                              Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Working...
                              X