This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Human or Bot?

So I play World of Warcraft and several days ago put in a ticket about an issue that's developed for me recently. Here's the text:

Suddenly my main character, <Character>, has gone from having 7-11 garrison follower missions available to having at most 4, with only 2 or 3 being more common. What happened? None of my other characters with garrisons are experiencing this dearth of available missions, nor are any of the other people I frequently play with.

After waiting patiently for almost 5 days, this is response I get:

Lo, the spirits flow, yet you seem earnest in your need of knowledge. I will assist you, in any way I can. (Bows Deeply) I am <GM Name>.

I do apologize about the wait involved in getting a good answer. Please rest assured we are trying to get to everyone as quickly as possible. Thanks for contacting us about this, I actually ran into this same issue a few days ago. You are actually only able to have 20 active followers. If you head to your command table at your Garrison, and click on the followers table there, you'll be able to deactivate one of the lower level followers that you have in order to get it running again. I do hope this helps!

As we part ways, I gift you with knowledge to ponder. As days pass, to learn nothing new, is another moment wasted. Have a glorious evening!

So... what, exactly, does this have to do with my question? Not a damn thing!!! It's clearly a piece of canned response based on the first keyword encountered in my issue. I actually put in the comments on the GM survey I got "Is Blizzard experimenting with using bots as GMs now?"

So, try again, with this one:

Let's try this a second time, maybe this time the GM that pulls it will actually READ it. Background: I have 23/25 followers in my garrison. I have 2 garrison follower missions in progress. I have zero available garrison follower missions. I have followers assigned to several of my buildings. I have 13 garrision followers sitting around with f*ck all to do. This has been the case for several days now, approaching a week. I know other players, also level 100, with similar numbers of followers who consistently have 8-12 follower missions available/in progress. My other characters on this account, all lower level, consistently have 8-12 missions available.

Second issue: (if you're actually reading and have gotten this far, you'll get a great survey) I suspect I have an awol NPC. Khadgar's Servant, who, far as I can see is present in everyone's garrison, is gone from mine. He's been awol for over a week now. I noticed it because a player I game with often picked up a quest from the NPC in his own garrison. I can see the NPC in other player's garrisons.

Let's see if I actually get a relevant response this time...
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Quoth Kittish View Post
    You are actually only able to have 20 active followers. If you head to your command table at your Garrison, and click on the followers table there, you'll be able to deactivate one of the lower level followers that you have in order to get it running again.
    That part looks relevant to your issue. Did you try deactivating a follower? Sounds like the GM is saying that more than 20 active followers is keeping missions from showing and that getting the active number down to 20 will make the missions show up again.

Comment

It isn't relevant, and the GM's information is of only limited accuracy. My garrison permits me to have up to 25 followers active and I only have 23. Besides, when you DO have more followers active than is permitted you can still SEE the missions, you just can't actually click on start on any of them until you deactivate followers to bring you down to your max. My issue is that I'm not getting missions available to me to even try to send followers out on.
      You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Quoth dbuzman View Post
        That part looks relevant to your issue. Did you try deactivating a follower? Sounds like the GM is saying that more than 20 active followers is keeping missions from showing and that getting the active number down to 20 will make the missions show up again.
        Level 3 Barracks, so that's moot.

As for the issue...wish I knew what to tell you. I've got 6 toons with garrisons atm...a 100 with a T3 garrison, a 92 with a T2, and everyone else is 91-92 with T1.

Mission counts are all over...I've seen the 100 get 2 91 missions in spite of having all 100s active, and I've seen the littles range from 6 to 10+ including seals and follower gear. I'd say you were just having miserable luck on the RNG thing, but...the Khadgar elemental makes it sound like something more is indeed wrong.

Keep trying, and if you can't get at least an acknowledgement of your actual issue, (politely) hassle then a bit on forums or twitter as well.
        "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
        - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Quoth Kittish View Post
          After waiting patiently for almost 5 days, this is response I get:

Lo, the spirits flow, yet you seem earnest in your need of knowledge. I will assist you, in any way I can. (Bows Deeply) I am <GM Name>.

<snip>

As we part ways, I gift you with knowledge to ponder. As days pass, to learn nothing new, is another moment wasted. Have a glorious evening!

So... what, exactly, does this have to do with my question? Not a damn thing!!! It's clearly a piece of canned response based on the first keyword encountered in my issue. I actually put in the comments on the GM survey I got "Is Blizzard experimenting with using bots as GMs now?"
          Well, look on the bright side.

At least Blizzard hasn't let Clan 0 take over GM powers.

Cookies for reference
          They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I don't get it. Just as well, I've got cookies up to my eyebrows just now.

And I'm still waiting for a response to the second ticket. I don't expect anything really for another couple of days.

ETA: I got a reply. It was relevant, showed a clear understanding by the GM making the response about the issues I put the ticket in about, and well... honestly that's about it. *shrug* I can't fault the GM really, his response boils down to 'It's currently working as intended. We are considering implementing changes.'

The issue is that all of my followers are level 100, and the garrison mission is set up so you get missions within a level of your lowest level follower. And there are only a limited number of level 99 and 100 missions, so... don't level your followers up too quickly! You'll miss out on chances at gear for you and your followers.

The missing NPC is also apparently working as intended, it should be back when I get further along Khadgar's legendary quest line. We shall see.
            Last edited by Kittish; 12-08-2014, 03:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X