This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there something in the water?

I find it completely bewildering how dumb some customers can be. It's even worse when they're dumb and rude. But you'd think basic deductive reasoning and logic would be something they needed to get the driver's license they got here with.

So this Snobby Lady comes up to the checkout carrying two items, both of which normally cost the same price.

SL: Price check these for me, [item 1] should be half off, and I have a 50% coupon I want use on [item 2]
    Me: No problem! Okay, so it looks like [item 1] is actually not on sale right now, I'm afraid-
    SL: I don't want it then. What about this one?
    Me: Well, it turns out that [item 2] is already on sale for half-
    SL: This is ridiculous. I don't want this one either, I only wanted to get it if I could use a coupon on it.
    Me: I'm sorry to hear that ma'am-

It didn't occur to you to just use the coupon on the first thing you wanted? When it would have actually applied?

SL: Forget it. I'll come back another time.

My manager saw the whole thing, and we both just ended up laughing at her after she left, since it was early enough that no other customers were in the store
    Last edited by Aldro; 12-06-2014, 01:43 PM.
    -I feel like I need to take a long shower and contemplate where I went wrong in my life to end up here
    -But what if skeletons?

All my brain can say is

Doh! Doh! Doh! Doh! Doh!

But she could get what she wanted if she just shut-up and listened.

Comment

Wow. That is a special kind of stupid. I think a 3rd grader would laugh at her as well.
      Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
      Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
      Fiancee: What?!
      Me: Nevermind.

Comment

Ever want to post a comment about the special level of stupid exhibited---but then not be able to find the words to adequately express your reaction?

Makes me wonder if the customer's parents KNEW she ate the lead paint off the baby bed, window sill, and door jamb.

or

I wonder if the customer's parents were related--because that level of stupid takes a close relationship from the shallow end of the gene pool.

or

I wonder where she parked her unicorn because that kind of stupid is an African lottery agent's dream come true.

Comment

Working...
        X