X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't Trust the Pie!

This is kind of funny;

I should have learned by now that when the boss brings in treats that his wife makes, we're going to get asked with a smile later on "Hey, how you doing? Good? How do you feel about getting some overtime?"

The first time it was cookies. Asked to switch 2-days and work at our other site.

This time it was pie. Damn good pie. 1/2 hour after eating a slice, I get asked to work overtime that day, and the day after, and switch shifts with a coworker!

I just have to start saying NO TO THE PIE!!!
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

His bringing the treats means he's gonna ask/insist anyway. You might as well enjoy it ^_^
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Sounds like you might have a Lumberg on your hands...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVmC0ktznNo
      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Uhm, yeaaahhhhh...

Love that movie. Gonna have to find me some flair to put on my shirt and go watch it again soon.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Well, if you know you're going to give in anyway, you look your boss straight in the eye and ask for a 2nd piece of pie.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I wonder if this works in reverse...

I mean, if LillFilly wanted a day off, maybe she (I presume??) could bring some desserts for her boss the day before, and say something like "These are because I'm taking off tomorrow."

I mean hey, if bribery is the game...
            Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Dangit!

He did it with doughnuts this time!!!

At least it was only for an extra 1.5 hrs....
              "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                Dangit!
                He did it with doughnuts this time!!!
                At least it was only for an extra 1.5 hrs....
                How does the old song go? ... "I love you, a carrot and a stick..."
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                X