This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth XCashier View Post
    Third, always ask the owner's permission before you approach a strange dog! You don't just run up to it and pet it, and you definitely never pull its tail. Of course it reacted badly, I'd react badly if you ran up to me and grabbed me too!
    Which reminds me.

Never, *ever* try to pet or otherwise make contact with a service animal without asking first. And be prepared to be told "No".

They are *working*. Let them alone to do their job. They don't need the extra distraction.

And don't get me started on the folks who try to give unasked for "help" to blind folks. I know several who have been injured by idiots grabbing them to "help".

Comment

I have seen well behaved Huskies and horribly trained Huskies and it is definitely on the owner, not on the dog. I would never own one because I know I couldn't make the commitment the dog deserved and I've seen first hand what that results in. But that's on me, not on the breed. My friend didn't train is well enough at all. She would do things out of spite and yeah, they are very smart dogs. When I started coming around and taking away his attention she chose the one dvd case that was mine to chew up. She and I learned to get along better to some extent but there were times when she would be quite the troublemaker. My friend's mom had to replace a window because she busted straight through it one day to get at something. One time when I was dog sitting, she barked to wake me up and but didn't want anything. Even to be petted because when I did try, she moved out of reach. She's getting older now and has a lot of health issues and between that and the lack of proper training, she behaves horribly now. But again, that's on my friend, not on her or the breed. I sucks that you have to deal with people doing stuff like that and I wish more people took proper care of their pets.
      "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Only reason I would never get a Huskie is because they are a large breed. I am on a tight budget. They eat a lot of food.
        I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

When I worked at the smart pet store I loved to bathe huskies... They'd always sing to me

Comment

Huskies are gorgeous. Love the pictures!

If I was yanked on, I'd be aggressive too! Poor Bella.
            1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
            -----
            http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Speaking of dog breeds being vilified, thought this was cute http://goodpit.com/top-ten-reasons-w...ust-pit-bulls/
              "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

I've met some lovely pitbulls. Most of them just want huggles and also your sammich.
                Patient has severely impacted cranial rectosis. There's probably no cure. - Overheard in ER

Comment

Quoth Shangri-laschild View Post
                  Speaking of dog breeds being vilified, thought this was cute http://goodpit.com/top-ten-reasons-w...ust-pit-bulls/
                  Got a 403 (not permitted access to the server) message when I followed the link.
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

wolfie - it opened for me.
                    Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                      Got a 403 (not permitted access to the server) message when I followed the link.
                      Works here (SLC, UT, USA) Oh Canadia error?
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

No-I'm in Canada too
                        Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

I figured something like this would get around, so I googled it. Here is an alternate link for anyone who can't get to the first one.
                          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                          X