Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would highly suggest that before proceeding, you research a board game called Betrayal At House on the Hill. It sounds a lot like you're suggesting, and you would probably want to know what to avoid to make your game unique. However, there is an idea from that game that you can use: Why not build the board as you go, or use a modular board that builds randomly for every game, like Settlers of Catan? That will improve replayability and make each game different. By "build as you go", I mean make each room a game board piece (or tile, if you will,) that you shuffle into a pile. Each turn, if the active player comes to a door no one has opened yet, you place the top tile of the deck as the room they are entering. Once the final tile is placed, the Manor is revealed and play proceeds. Or, have a standard format map where tiles are shuffled and placed face down in a certain pattern, and are only revealed when a player enters that room (if they can.)

Comment

I have seen betrayal, and it is similar. I do have a few unique things, such as no betrayer. I don't mind the build as you go (it is a good idea!), but it would make it even more like Betrayal. I hope my stats, what they do, and such makes the game I am building stand out. This is designed to be a team game (playing as a cohesive team will make the game easier), however with an individual winner (whoever gets out alive first). However, I will include tiles that allow for people to change things up as they see fit. Including build as they go. I do like the idea.

Now, here is something to consider. Though there are a lot of each of the following games, I am trying to also include my own personal twist. I look at it like Heroquest meats betrayal, meets last night on earth (?).
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

If anybody wants, I need help with cards to draw.. traps .. monsters, equipment/single use items even ones that take effect right away and then go away. No harmful in the equipment/single use

A typical monster would be something like the following.

Type* Name of creature

<card picture>

Move** Attack Defense Hit points.

<Any immunities/special>
        Flavor Text if any

* There are three types of monsters, each has a set immunity along with any additional immunities. The types are Mechanical, Enhanced Natural Creature, and Diabolical. Mechanical creatures are immune to any mind effecting spells. Each Natural Creatures carry diseases, and Diabolical take less physical damage (but are weak to mind powers)

** - How many squares it can move.

Creatures should fit the setting. No large creatures like dragons, etc. Some of the traps will be mechanical creatures. Creatures should scale up as time goes on. Or else a giant black widow spider might just wipe out the players with no troubles.
        Last edited by Mytical; 12-20-2014, 05:46 PM.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Working...
        X