This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give a Waterbuffalo for Christmas

I should have posted this sooner. Sorry for the delay.

Gosple for Asia is doing their Christmas Critter Campaign. Instead of donating only money, you can give a farm animal to help the poor feed themselves and make money. You can also give the gift of Sewing Machines (to provided a steady income) or Adult Tricycles (to help the lame)

$460 Waterbuffalo
    These robust animals can easily haul a cart, plow a field, and also supply milk. Purchasing a water buffalo will even help a poor mother feed her children and send them to school.

$11 Rabbits
    They're furry. They're cute. And they can change someone's life. A pair of rabbits will quickly multiply, providing a steady diet of healthy meat, and plenty of bunnies to sell. Rabbits are easy to feed and can be raised in a small spaceā€”an important consideration in the crowded areas of Asia.

$11 Chickens
    For the people of Asia, a pair of chickens can create a steady income. Chicken eggs provide food for the family and the extras can be sold at market. Through this simple gift, you may help a malnourished child become stronger every day because of the tasty eggs.

There are many, many more options.

Please help a family in need this Year, and have a Merry Christmas.
    I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Did this thread make anyone else think of the song "I want a hippopotamus for Christmas"?
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Yes! I was singing along I want a water buffalo for Christmas....
      The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

I get a cute little 'catalogue' of critters one can donate - I think for $25 000 you can donate 'the Ark' which is one unit of everything - like pairs of most everything, except I think it is 1 male to multiple bunnies, chickens, ducks, sheep and goats. Those I think is like 2 or 4 females to the single male.

Is it sad that I would like to get a pair of reindeer for my farm? They could keep the geese company =) And I could spray paint their antlers high reflective silver =)
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Hey, Reindeer is good meat. I never tried reindeer milk (I wonder if you can, safely, milk reindeer).

Comment

I've done this many times over the years. Donate water buffalo that is, not eat reindeer! It's a good cause and helps people in poorer areas.

Happy Holidays everyone!

Comment

actually it made me think of this veggie tales song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltG37Bbx1qk
              Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
              Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Darn you gremcint.

Now it is stuck in my head. I did not even click the link and it is there. So darn catchy!!

Comment

Working...
                X