Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things You Know You Shouldn't Do (But Will Do Anyway)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things You Know You Shouldn't Do (But Will Do Anyway)

For Christmas, the husband signed me up for the Coast to Coast Am website so I can listen to the archived shows.

There's one from last year that is nothing but four solid hours of stories about the Mothman.

Must not listen. Must not listen. Must not listen.

(I am totally going to listen.)
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

I love to watch "Ancient Aliens". 90% of the time my answer is "not aliens, people were smarter than even the mainstream archaeologist think. Egyptians had the wheel, and Iron tool, and probably some technique we are not familiar with yet (reason archaeologists have not found them is that they recycled everything they could back then. As mining was very, very difficult.)".

5% just stretching for Alien connections. (no one thought "Lochness monster" and aliens were connected until you brought it up. St. Patrick is laughing his ass-off in heaven over that one.)

5% well, I am a Christian and I believe in Angels and Demons. In some cases, they were corporal (like humans). So some of the more 'unexplainable' cases might be that. Or natural phenomenon we do not understand yet (like those lights that have been videoed coming out of the river, by scientists, they have no clue what they are yet).

I know I should not watch "AA", as that only encourages them to make more episodes. But darn, they are so funny.
    I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

George Noory, who hosts CtC AM, is on that show a lot.

My problem is that I am abjectly terrified of the Mothman. Even though I know John Keel was a loony, after I read The Mothman Prophecies I threw the book under my bed because I was so freaked out. It's still there, as far as I know.

But I can't stay away. I'm like iron shavings to a Mothman magnet. I won't be able to sleep for days (Mothman'll get me!) but I'm still going to listen.
      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

use qtips in my ears.
        Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
        Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Stay up later than I should to play video games. (Currently "FarCry 4")
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Stay up later than I plan to tonight online listening to Brenda Lee in the background while the cat is cutting logs on the corner of the bed.

And I'll probably once again forget to take my meds before I leave out for work tomorrow . . . and be paying for it by lunchtime with a catch in my hip and a stiff and aching back.

Go out to the laundry room and let the dog sneak past . . . . anyone have any idea how hard it is to wrestle with a 100 lb Husky who is DETERMINED to take over your love seat? Three guesses as to who wins that argument . . .
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Stay up until 3 or 4 in the morning, either reading or writing. I'm finishing my Nano story (can't just stop at 50K, after all) and working on world-building and character development for another story.

And I'm re-reading Scott Lynch's The Republic of Thieves. One or another of these things is going to keep me up late because I'm off work this week.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Re: "Coast to Coast"... I used to listen to it while driving home late from work. I'd get caught up in a show and make detours so it would take longer to home.

I remember one crazy show where someone called in and claimed that there was an alien in the room with her. The host (I don't think it was Bell that time) asked her to hold the phone out so he could talk at the alien. He then went on a spiel about peace and understanding... then there was a loud thud. The host asked what it was and the woman said that she tried to hand the phone to the alien and it dropped the receiver.

I had to pull over because I was laughing too hard to drive...
                "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Working...
                X