X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One reason to shop early

Fire!

Yup, at about 5PM today, my local backwards R toy store closed down for an electrical fire. Near as I can tell, it was was a minor electrical fire originating in a light fixture, but it's still enough to shut the store down for at least a few hours, if not a few days.

Just think of the thousands of ruined Christmases! My black little heart exploded with glee! Well, as soon as I knew that nobody got hurt, that is. My heart isn't that black.
    At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Only people I feel bad for are the ones who had stuff on lay-away. (and the employees who had to cleanup the mess/deal with SCs.)

Everyone else should shop earlier.
    I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Also the electrician on-call for emergencies, and the firefighters. Imagine the trouble they had getting to a TOY SHOP, of all places, and finding parking. (Because you KNOW the emergency parking spaces had been occupied, unless Arga's peers had just cleared them out.)

* electrician because with it being a live-electrical fire, the firefighters don't dare start fighting it without the power being shut off.
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Turns out it was super small and went out before fire crews even got there. As far as I understand, they were closed for the rest of the day for inspections, then reopened. Unfortunately, that exact same Backwards R toy store was the subject of a bomb threat today, the day after Christmas, and while it's not in the mall, it's just down the street, so the entire area was a huge mess today.
        At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

The bomb threat was probably made by some moron upset that it was closed due to the fire.

Comment

(Because you KNOW the emergency parking spaces had been occupied, unless Arga's peers had just cleared them out.)

That's why fire trucks (also police cars) have push bars. If they need to get to an emergency, and an unoccupied car is in the way, they will get it OUT of the way.
            "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Working...
            X