Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got to meet the lovely Samantha in the gramophone library once-she was helping the elderly archivists who had just finished restoring their Wurlitzer and wanted her help to get it started up.She agreed,saying nothing gave her more pleasure than seeing a mighty organ pumping away...
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

My big present was my Dad and Stepmom paying to get my teeth taken care of. I ended up with a full set of upper dentures and a partial set of lowers. Dad says this was my birthday, Christmas, Chanukah, Easter, and Passover present for the next 10 years.
      Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

My sister and I got my dad an autographed picture of Paul Hornung.

It looks good on his bedroom wall next to his share of Green Bay Packers stock. Yep, my dad is part-owner of a football team.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I got:
          • A new winter coat
          • New gloves
          • A new hat
          • A new super-fluffy-and-soft scarf
          • A cheese knife
          • The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug Extended Edition Blu-Ray
          • An amethyst healing gem necklace (actual last thing I expected to get, tbh, because even though my sister knows how much I am of the mindset of 'different stones mean and do different things', she very much isn't)
          • Two tins of gourmet hot cocoa mix
          • A box of what is apparently called brownie brittle
          • A friend of mine sent me frickload of rare and one-of-a-kind stills from various episodes of Young Hercules (and the slides used to make the pictures)

The best thing, though, was having my sister, brother-in-law, nephew, and grandfather (Mom's dad) staying with us for Christmas. My sister and I have had our problems in the past-- we pretty much could not be more different if we actively tried-- but we didn't have one fight this entire trip. It was quite nice. Also, she did a big, dramatic reveal of what her next baby will be- Another boy.
          Last edited by firecat88; 12-30-2014, 06:23 PM.
          "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

After a slightly rescheduled Christmas with my boyfriend's parents, our haul now includes: a 2 pound bag of this year's holiday blend from the mermaid, a glass ornament decorated by his older sister's kids (there had been two, one got broken before they got to the wrapping stage), a couple of very snarky t-shirts (Shirt the first: Attempting to Care... Loading... Shirt the second: I didn't mean to offend you. That was just a bonus.), a rather tacky ceramic snowman cookie jar (his grandmother has atrocious taste in gifts, to the point where it's a family joke), and a plate mail helm which as yet has no interior padding or lining (I'm going to make it a project in the next couple of months to find out how to make and install proper padding and lining).
            You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

My loot:

Rail Wars fanbook
              Two shirts: Starfleet Academy insignia and "I Beat the Kobayashi Maru"
              Bird-of-Prey Haynes manual
              Persona Q collectors edition
              $50 Amazon gift card
              $1500 from my dad (which mom is not finding out about, I have specific plans for that $$)
              Otterbox tablet case
              Small box of chocolate-covered dried squid
              Gizmo that turns anything into a speaker
              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                That sounds... interesting. Is it any good?
                "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
                -Mira Furlan

Comment

We had our Christmas Sunday. I got:

-A box of cookies, rice crispy cars, etc from a coworker
                  -$80 cash
                  -$50 GameStore giftcards
                  -$50 Nintendo point card
                  -$50 RiverNamed Online Shopping Site Giftcard
                  -A desk calendar
                  -A Halo (it's a brand; not talking about the game series) phone charger
                  -Body wash from Bath & Body store

Not a bad haul. Important thing was everyone seemed happy with their gifts and the day went pretty smoothly.
                  "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

A CW saw my Kobayashi Maru shirt and said: "Reprogramming's been done already. I'm betting you found a few exploits?"
                    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
                      Quoth Dreamstalker

That sounds... interesting. Is it any good?
                      Erm, this may be narrow minded of me, but the first thing that pops into my mind is... ewwwwww. The second thing is so incredibly not safe for work (and really only peripherally related) that if you wanna know PM me for a link.
                      You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

So the last of my partner's loot came in today.

I got him a Nerf Terradrone but I had to order it online (and I got it for a steal too...it was normally $150, I got it for 1/3rd of that...thank you Common Schlong!). It's basically a six-legged moving turret that shoots Nerf darts. He's putting it together as we speak.
                        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

small haul this year All I really asked for was money, and the leggings. I got stuff instead.
                          1. lego set with AWESOME lego dragon
                          2. sea salt for the kitchen (forgot to put salt in my bread a couple of times ><)
                          3. thermal leggings (walking around campus has turned my legs blue at times)
                          4. 22,000 Perler/hama beads
                          5. some candy from santa
                          6. a slicer for the kitchen
                          It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Only a small haul for me too, but it included the best present EVER.

Shocking pink leather purse (wallet)
                            Diary (has a recipe for each week and mostly they are lush)
                            Small enamelled photo frame, looks vintage / antique (I mean genuinely so, not just style)
                            Bottle of Bailey's Orange Truffle Liqueur.
                            Raising Steam by Terry Pratchett.

And the best present ever? From my wonderful Mytical, a silver dove pendant. It was made by Ashcroft from this board and it is so beautiful! I cried when I saw it
                            Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

A few late entries in my loot:

Princess Bride DVD
                              The Rescuers/The Rescuers Down Under two-movie pack DVD
                              Cardcaptor Sakura manga omnibus volume 2
                              A new coloring book (Victorian Fashions)

Also, thanks to our landlady being stupid and kind of a bitch, my parents and I will have a belated Christmas present of a new house soon.
                              "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Working...
                              X