This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nephew!!!

About a month ago, I got a Nephew. I am loving it. Before, I only held an infant once in my life (a subject needing another thread, it involved fire).

On occasion, I get to feed him, read to him, burp him, change him. So many new experiences for me. Sister-in-Law is cooking Christmas dinner, and left me with the baby. (So many "I'm the Baby" references)

Because I work nights, I do not get to see them all that much (but more then expected, I knew babies kept new parents up at night, still surprising to see it first hand).

We have an 'unusual' living situation. My brother and his wife live at home with me and our parents. This way, they can save up money (and pay off student loans faster) and have a 'night sitter' (me ). A similar deal to what I have (rent was pay the city bills; $125, and student loans; $400 ).

Sadly, I just bought my first house, and will be moving out soon (so I wont get to help with the night feedings as often ). But they will get to move into my old room (which has a bathroom w/shower) giving them more room.

I already read him the first chapter and a half of "Luke" (tis Christmas after all ). Before he got hungry again, and his mother took him for his breast feeding time(they even have, individualized, plans these days for how much breast milk vs. formula to feed the child. That is a good improvement over the "my way or highway" crowed, on both side of the debate ).

Brother already decided, and I approved. I am to be call "Crazy Uncle *Gil*" around the child.

I can not wait til he is old enough to learn about rocketry, and robotics, and chemistry , oooh physics will be fun too, can not forget Philosophy either. So many fun sciences and arts, that will drive my brother crazy. In my (future) defense, we did the same fun science things as kids too. Drove our mother crazy some most days, but father always made sure we were crazy, safely. *Warning: Insufficient ; please try again later*
    Last edited by Gilhelmi; 12-25-2014, 12:38 PM. Reason: Added link
    I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Hope you get another one soon-you can race them round the house
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Gratz to the happy parents! Even helping to take care of a munchkin is...an experience. ^_^ A good one to have. You learn a lot, both directly and indirectly. Enjoy it!
      (a subject needing another thread, it involved fire).
      Now, now, no teasing
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

At least other people's ones can be given back when they get too loud/smelly/unwanted...
        The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
          Gratz to the happy parents! Even helping to take care of a munchkin is...an experience. ^_^ A good one to have. You learn a lot, both directly and indirectly. Enjoy it!

Now, now, no teasing
          Sorry took me longer to write then I thought. Here you go

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
            That. Would. Be. Awesome!!

I will almost miss living in a full house with them. I am weird, I hear a baby cry and think "how cute".

Comment

Quoth Gilhelmi View Post
              That. Would. Be. Awesome!!

I will almost miss living in a full house with them. I am weird, I hear a baby cry and think "how cute".
              Don't worry; you're not the only one who thinks that!
              cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                I think the racing would happen regardless.
                I AM the evil bastard!
                A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
                X