This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruining Christmas by being Closed on Christmas

Thought I would start a thread because I saw a post on facebook complaining that Awful-mart was closed today and now Christmas is RUINED!!!!
    Last edited by drjonah; 12-25-2014, 03:15 PM.

If you have to wait until Christmas to go to Wally World, then your Christmas should be ruined. What an idiot

Comment

Sadly, I've predicted that in the next couple years, pretty much everywhere will be open on Christmas day because the SC's will make enough of a stink that their Christmas was RUINED because a store dared to be CLOSED!!!!

Comment

I'm surprised that everything isn't open NOW
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Had to make a 7 11 run..I feel so bad but I needed ginger ale

Comment

With all the stories about ruining someone's Christmas by being out of stock of some seasonal item (or the year's hot toy) an hour before closing on Christmas Eve, it's easy to forget that there are other holidays.

I wonder if any retail worker, on being confronted by a customer who's "WTF? How can you be out of menorah candles?", has the guts to reply "Our supplier shipped far less than we ordered. We thought they'd sell out in one day, but by some miracle it was 8 days before we ran out of stock."
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth registerrodeo View Post
              I meant to stop and get beer on the way home last night, but I forgot. If I wasn't expecting people over, I would have done without it. I brought the clerks yummy cookies to make up for it, though.

Comment

What bugs me about this is the SC's not giving a shit about the poor employees that they are forcing ot work by demanding that the store be open....meaning their christmas is ruined because they aren't home with their familes. It's the "me first" mentality. It pisses me off.
                "My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the hell she is." - Ellen DeGeneres

Comment

Quoth registerrodeo View Post
                  I almost got sent on a store run to get dessert. I explained my objections to Mom-- namely, that I don't wanna justify corporate decisions to open on Xmas-- and she backed down. I made some cookies (peanut butter chocolate chip) and they were far better than anything store-bought.
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth shanarocks View Post
                    What bugs me about this is the SC's not giving a shit about the poor employees that they are forcing ot work by demanding that the store be open....meaning their christmas is ruined because they aren't home with their familes. It's the "me first" mentality. It pisses me off.
                    For sh!ts and giggles I watched my CCTV this morning and counted TWENTY cars pull into the parking lot at my store throughout the day Christmas Day. Five of those cars actually pulled into a space and got out and tugged on the door. Not only that but we had ten missed phone calls from people obviously wondering if we were open.

I really will not be surprised if next year we'll be open Christmas Day because heaven forbid the SC's go one day without something being open

Comment

Quoth drjonah View Post
                      I really will not be surprised if next year we'll be open Christmas Day because heaven forbid the SC's go one day without something being open
                      Linked for relevance.
                      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

The gas station I work at was open and just about every third person who came in said something like,"Oh, you're open, thank god, there's nothing out here." I live in a very small town on a very busy highway in the middle of absolute nothing. Somebody told me they hadn't seen any place since [larger town] an hour and a half before, and somebody going the other way said there wasn't anything open after [big city] two hours ago. One guy left me his change as a tip, all eight dollars and some of it, I had a bunch of people try to commiserate with me for having to work (I volunteered), a coworker brought me food, I had no real problems all day.

Comment

I have no objections to places being open on Christmas day if a) the employees are volunteers and b) they are being paid oodles. A friend of mine worked at a Texaco Co-op on Christmas day for two reasons; firstly, she got to get away from her kids for a while (her parents looked after them, which meant that the kids got Granny and Grandad time!) and second, she was paid triple just for being there. She told me that there'd be about an hour when it was busy (mainly fathers buying batteries) and the next seven hours were dead. She and her colleagues passed the time playing poker and laughing about being paid to do so. XD

But I don't see why everywhere needs to be open every day. Places ought to be closed more, not less, especially since there's now internet shopping. Back when I was a kid, it wasn't uncommon for places to be closed for three days over Christmas and I don't recall anyone dying of starvation as a result.
                          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                          My DeviantArt.

Comment

I did go to a friends for Christmas and apparently friends wife when she got up said "I want cigarettes..." and was not happy to told it would be good fun finding a shop open. (We actually did though - which surprised me!)
                            I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                              Back when I was a kid, it wasn't uncommon for places to be closed for three days over Christmas and I don't recall anyone dying of starvation as a result.
                              I remember that too, and the reason nobody died of starvation was that people used to do this weird thing called 'planning ahead' ; apparently, they used to sit down and work out what they would be needing (and when) and go out and get it (or order it to be delivered) before Christmas Eve.

I know, it's incredible isn't it?
                              Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Working...
                              X