This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Marmalady View Post
    I remember that too, and the reason nobody died of starvation was that people used to do this weird thing called 'planning ahead'
    Reminds me of a few years ago (although I suppose it happens every year) there was a big snowstorm in the east. It was known way ahead of time, and all over the news. So the day of the storm comes and many places are closed. A station had an interview with a woman who had tried to walk to the store only to find it closed. She was wailing about not having any food (this being the FIRST day of closures) and finally she said the name of the place which was closed. It was a donut shop.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
      I wonder if any retail worker, on being confronted by a customer who's "WTF? How can you be out of menorah candles?", has the guts to reply "Our supplier shipped far less than we ordered. We thought they'd sell out in one day, but by some miracle it was 8 days before we ran out of stock."
      I may try that next year...could probably get away with it too.
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
        I may try that next year...could probably get away with it too.
        I did something similar with this year's special - instant cameras...
        Those things never last

Had some right up until the day before Christmas Eve... Cue the next day...

"Sorry mate, you've just missed out. They normally sell out by the first week of Dec, I'm amazed we still had some yesterday"

Comment

Quoth smoorman76 View Post
          The gas station I work at was open and just about every third person who came in said something like,"Oh, you're open, thank god, there's nothing out here." I live in a very small town on a very busy highway in the middle of absolute nothing. Somebody told me they hadn't seen any place since [larger town] an hour and a half before, and somebody going the other way said there wasn't anything open after [big city] two hours ago. One guy left me his change as a tip, all eight dollars and some of it, I had a bunch of people try to commiserate with me for having to work (I volunteered), a coworker brought me food, I had no real problems all day.
          I work night shift in a petrol station, and worked Christmas Day night, Boxing Day night and will be working New Year's Day night. We were really quiet, so I spent most of the time paying Solitaire on the computer!

Comment

The Friday before Christmas, husband and I went for take out at a local pasta place we like and heard two ladies in complete disbelief that the restaurant would be closed December 24th and 25th. Really? Husband and I were floored by their attitude.

Comment

Late to the party on this. The whole mall where my store is was closed for Easter today. Except us, of course. I had at least 5 people ask why we were open and the mall closed. The suits don't consult me, ok?
              "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Working...
              X