Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope the 's in that OP are banned. We would never be able to get away with that as children--our parents would never allow that kind of behavior to go unpunished.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Three cheers for your manager for backing you up, too many managers would have actually apologized. Good to see they were booted out too, I can't stand bratty SC's like that, kids behave better.

Comment

Quoth Captain Trips View Post
        Another in the "can't you take a joke" crowd.

"Can't you take a joke?"
        "I was just kidding."
        "Suck it up, man."
        And variations on the above: I have finally realized what these phrases really mean: "Okay, I was wrong to do/say what I did. But there's no way in hell I'm going to apologize for it."
        Hmph. One of my co-irkers recently insulted me publicly. I got angry. Very angry. Lost my temper.

I admitted I was wrong to pop my cork right away, and I said I was willing to take ownership of my behavior, but I asked CI to take ownership of hers. She bluntly refused. "I didn't do anything wrong," she said.

That was AFTER she said, "Sapphire, you don't value people."

We have a growing class of people who think everyone owes them respect, but that they don't owe anyone any respect in return. People have forgotten the Golden Rule: treat people as you want to be treated yourself. We see it in Sucky Customers, Morons in Management, and CoCW all the time. We see it in punks who bluster about being "dissed."

Ugh. I better stop here.
        Last edited by Sapphire Silk; 01-03-2015, 03:02 PM. Reason: incomplete thought
        They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
          Like the other day there was this lady with rolled remnants of fabric... I was cutting her fabric and saw her tearing open the remnants to "see how big" they were. I said "I'll cut the tape for you, please don't tear them." She said, "well I'm not messing them up" and tore the rest open and I don't think bought any.
          The size is written right there on the label!!! And yes lady, you DID mess them up! hag, I hate people like that.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
            Unbelievable.

This bitch needed to have been told, "Would Jesus have made such a mess and asked someone else to clean it up?
            I'll take 'Jesus throwing the money collectors & Co. out of the Temple' for $1,000 Alex
            "Much butthurt I sense in you, cry like a bitch you should"

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
              Unbelievable.

This bitch needed to have been told, "Would Jesus have made such a mess and asked someone else to clean it up?
              As this happened in the UK, you'd only receive a blank stare in return.
              This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
              I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth CorneliaMarieRocks View Post
                I'll take 'Jesus throwing the money collectors & Co. out of the Temple' for $1,000 Alex
                He had good reason. The money changers were on the holy grounds of the Temple and were using it for commerce, and charging high prices as well. They were basically disrespecting God and robbing both Him and men; that's why Jesus was angry.

These women were smearing condiments all over the place for fits and giggles. The two scenarios have absolutely nothing in common. So yeah, Sapphire Silk's question would've been quite valid to ask them. Sadly, I suspect RealUnimportant would be right about the blank stare in return.
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I frequently wonder what is wrong with people to make them so vile! What kind of jobs do they have?

Comment

They probably don't have jobs, Air_Stewardess. They live on trust funds, Mommy & Daddy's credit lines or public assistance. I hate to think that someone with a job would be such a jerk....OTOH, they could have one where they take abuse and grab any chance to dish it out
                    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                      They probably don't have jobs, Air_Stewardess. They live on trust funds, Mommy & Daddy's credit lines or public assistance. I hate to think that someone with a job would be such a jerk....OTOH, they could have one where they take abuse and grab any chance to dish it out
                      I think you hit the nail on the head. In some cases, they don't work, so they don't have any way to sympathize with the plight of the workers, and as such become the sucktomers we all know and loathe.

In other cases, they do work, but rather than sympathize, they instead perpetuate the cycle by passing the abuse on to another schlub.
                      PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Working...
                      X