This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you bing lee!

So moving interstate comes with it's own challenges. In this case, it was purchasing certain household appliances, namely a dehumidifier (needed as we didn't have one back in our hometowns and the house was stupidly humid) and a TV (the one partner previously had was given to partners sister).

There weren't a lot of dehumidifiers available in places and the closest we found were at hardly normal. Unfortunately, being carless and the locations were too far, made it very hard for us to get there. Cue bing lee. We hired out a car through our car share scheme and travelled over hill and dale to the store. There we discovered that they were easily approachable, answered all our questions and even let us cut through their back room (fully supervised) to get to the car. Their prices were fairly reasonable too.

Then cue today, we opted to purchase a TV. We'd searched a number of places and eventually found a TV that we liked, that was at a good price and was in Stock at a bing lee location close by. I rang them this morning to confirm that they still had one in stock and yes they did: the last one. Immediately I asked if I could put it on hold for 30 minutes (with the deal that if I hasn't there by the 30 minute mark, it'd go back on the floor) as we weren't that far away. The guy agreed, took my details and told me to ask for him when I arrived.
    We made it in 10 and almost immediately he was there, friendly, approachable and more than willing to help us out. While he did still try and sell me a cable and a protection plan (neither of which we needed), he wasn't pushy about it at all. The store were also very willing to wait while my partner parked the car

And now, the TV sits there in our living area, ready to go...
    Last edited by fireheart; 12-30-2014, 10:46 PM.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Quoth fireheart View Post
    ...And now, the TV sits there in our living area, ready to go...
    Didn't this squat come with elektrizty?
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
    X