This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Listen first then you'll learn something

I was at a concert in a stadium in DC. The staff was all smiles in the beginning, but later...
    I had to leave early to catch the last train. Since I've never been there, I looked for someone in uniform.
    A lady in her 50s with a spider leg hairdo stared at me. She was in uniform so I asked where's the exit.
    "Bathrooms to your left ma'am."
    No, no where's the--
    "To your left mam. Bathrooms."
    I said, where's--
    "Turn around, bathrooms are there."
    Over and over and over until I said
    "Not bathrooms, exit!" quickly before she interrupts.
    "Left-"
    "Exit, exit exit!"
    Finally she blinked. "Oh, down the stairs. Mam."
    Thank you.
    Anyway happy new year! responsibly.
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

And she'll swear you said "bathroom" when you first talked to her. Dang those sucky customers!

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
      And she'll swear you said "bathroom" when you first talked to her. Dang those sucky customers!
      We so need a like button
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Okay, everyone keeps saying that we need a like button... I'll just say, I'm happy we don't have one. On boards which do, it becomes a popularity contest to see how many likes a post can get. I understand that people want an easy way to agree without posting, but no like button!
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
          Okay, everyone keeps saying that we need a like button... I'll just say, I'm happy we don't have one. On boards which do, it becomes a popularity contest to see how many likes a post can get. I understand that people want an easy way to agree without posting, but no like button!
          Besides, I enjoy reading some of the clever quips post responders come up with. You don't get those if you just click "Like".
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

The board supports it -- well, ratings, anyway -- but we only have them implemented in the special Art, Literary, Games, and Jokes fora.

We don't have it for the others, basically because we want this to be a place where people can post/vent without being "judged" by Likes (or the absence of them, or Dislikes) -- it's not meant to be a popularity thing, more commisseration about our often-shared troubles ^_^
            Last edited by EricKei; 01-04-2015, 03:48 AM.
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post

We don't have it for the others, basically because we want this to be a place where people can post/vent without being "judged" by Likes (or the absence of them, or Dislikes) -- it's not meant to be a popularity thing, more commisseration about our often-shared troubles ^_^
              Thanks, I didn't want to say anything because people are only being nice by saying that they want the like button, and I don't want to bring anyone down. (Not you either, Sapphire!) But I felt I needed to just in case, and I'll shut up about it now.

Back to the OP... Assuming is bad, even though the previous zillion people probably were asking for the bathroom it doesn't mean it's okay to interrupt or not listen...
              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

What's really sad is that just about everyone she talked to must have asked that... more than once... for her to be stuck like that.

Comment

Besides, everybody knows the bathroom is not on the left...

Comment

Tangent, but wtf is a spider leg hairdo? Is that the individualized dreads that are standing up like a pipe-cleaner spider from grade school?

Comment

Quoth BearLeeBadenaugh View Post
                      Tangent, but wtf is a spider leg hairdo? Is that the individualized dreads that are standing up like a pipe-cleaner spider from grade school?
                      That's a pretty darn good description of it. I've seen weird hairdos but that had to be the weirdest. I normally don't judge on looks but...lol. and she was 50ish.
                      Looking back I guesss she was in auto mode since so many pple asked her where the bathrooms were I guess, and so she just heard it whenever someone asked a question. Over and over. And over again. Been there done that. It was more funny than sucky.
                      Can't reason with the unreasonable.
                      The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

Working...
                      X