This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frustrating(long)

I got into a car accident about two months ago, I wasn't injured and she fully admitted to not paying attention when she hit my car. Th drivers side front bumper was dented and scraped pretty good and she knocked the headlight out of alignment.

I took the car to what was my moms favorite body shop but after this I don't think any of us will ever use them again. First I go an estimate on how much it would cost to fix and made it very clear that it needed to go through my insurance not hers. He didn't like that my insurance would pay a little less money so tried to make us use hers anyways by faxing all the info to them.
    Over the course of about three weeks it went back and between the insurance calling them and us to see were the estimate was and him constantly telling them that I said to fax it to the other insurance company. He finally did it when we threatened to go else where.
    I ended up having engine trouble and it took my mechanic about a week to get the part and told me after the body shop finished with it they would pick it up for me and replace the part. When I picked it up from them I looked it over and realized that they hadn't repaired the headlight. So the next day I took it back to the body shop and showed them the headlight the owner tried to tell me that it wasn't in the original estimate so that they weren't going to fix it. I told him that it was and I wasn't going to sign the paperwork until it was fixed. He told me to bring it in today.
    I brought it in today and told him I would wait for it. While it was getting fixed he tried to convince me that I was wrong and that it wasn't in the estimate. When I showed it to him he said that they take it out to do the work and then put it back in. I asked him why didn't they straighten it out when they put it back in then? His response was to glare at me. He then tried to convince me to sign the paper work while they were working on it to "save time" I told him I would be glad to sign everything after they fixed the headlight and got another glare and a stammered I guess that'll be alright.
    It took them about an hour to fix it and then I signed everything but if I need a body shop in the future I won't be using them again.

Since you're going to see your mechanic anyway, you might ask them to check out the body shop's work and make sure the headlight really is properly aligned, the bumper is attached correctly, etc. They sure sound sloppy.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
      Since you're going to see your mechanic anyway, you might ask them to check out the body shop's work and make sure the headlight really is properly aligned, the bumper is attached correctly, etc. They sure sound sloppy.
      Excellent point, and +1.
      "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Personally I think a call to your insurance company would be the first move. Explain the situation and how you were treated. Have them inspect the repair, and if they don't like it they will hammer the repair shop.

The insurance companies have standards they must meet and in turn they have standards they expect from their contractors. Check with them first, they may take care of the whole battle on your behalf.
        "Announcing your intentions is a good way to hear God laugh." Al Swearingen (Deadwood)

Comment

Working...
        X