This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rude woman attacks me in discount store

I was in the discount store where everything costs 99p buying various items. One thing that caught my eye was a My Little Pony stationary set. I thought to myself, "I could do with one of these" so I took it off the shelf. It was the last one and I was just about to put it in my basket when this woman shoved me.

I turned round and said, "What?" cuz I didn't get why she had pushed me. She replied, "Excuse me, but that stationary set is mine."

"No, it's not," I replied, somewhat nonplussed. The way she was acting, you'd think I'd kicked her in the shins and grabbed the item out of her hands.

"Yes, it is!" she screeched. "I saw it first! You give it to me right now!"

I looked at her and said, "No. Sucks to be you." and went to pay. Thing is, if she'd been polite, I might have let her have it, cuz I could have just come another time to get one, but her attitude made me more determined to keep it.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Wow..what is with people now a days??? I got shoved at the gift card rack of a store by a women who told me I was in her way. I have seen people push people out of the way at registers, in aisles. One of these days a SC is going to push the wrong person and end up picking their teeth off the floor

Comment

And it's not a simple matter of the SC incorrectly evaluating their target's ability to defend themselves. That elderly woman walking with a cane? She might be the grandmother of the burly biker 20 feet away - or might simply remind him of his grandmother, who broke a hip when she got pushed and he wasn't around to defend her.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Reading stories like this freaks me out. I mean, what would I do if someone shoved me in a store? I have no idea. I avoid our big club store because so many people whack/shove your cart with their carts, but I've never had someone physically shove me with their hands. It's still not okay, but that's another story... Anyway, I HOPE I'd turn around and tell the person very clearly not to touch me, and if they continued, reach for my phone to call the cops. Whether I would really call, I don't know, but I'm very conscious of my personal space and react badly to people invading it.

There is a girl at my work with a black belt, and has started to enter competitions... She doesn't look intimidating, but I have no doubt she could drop most people without thinking twice. 'Cause people do tend to act different to those they think are weak. When I shopped at said club store with a big scary looking guy (a relative who's a tattooed teddy bear) our cart got hit zero times.
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
          And it's not a simple matter of the SC incorrectly evaluating their target's ability to defend themselves. That elderly woman walking with a cane? She might be the grandmother of the burly biker 20 feet away - or might simply remind him of his grandmother, who broke a hip when she got pushed and he wasn't around to defend her.
          Or the elderly woman walking with a cane may have gone to a steampunk convention and bought herself a cane with copper tubing for the body and a lead staircase finial as the head . . . Pity the fool who tries to mug this 'elderly' woman.

Comment

What the hell! How can people be this rude? Boggles the mind. And I'm like you. If she'd been polite, I probably would have given it to her, but who shoves someone, yells at them and then expects the person to just hand the item to them? I'd hand her something alright - a fist in the gob.

Comment

Oh yeah, your target might be taken out but they could have friends/relatives you will take _you_ out.

I've got a story along these lines but it involves some violence and might not be a fit here...

Comment

I suspect that your rude friend may have just "Wanted" the item just "because it was the last one" -- which would mean nobody else gets one (except for the dozens of others who bought the rest of them... -- therefore, she "wins" ~_~
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I'd hope to have the wherewithal to do my Loud Howard impression and loudly exclaim "WHY ARE YOU HITTING ME?!" ...along with anything else I might say to the person.
                  Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Well, if she'd shoved me again, she would have gotten a shove back, but I figured I'd annoyed her enough by my refusal to give her the item. XD
                    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                    My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
                      I'd hope to have the wherewithal to do my Loud Howard impression and loudly exclaim "WHY ARE YOU HITTING ME?!" ...along with anything else I might say to the person.
                      Oooo. I like this Paint her as the bully loudly.

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                      Well, if she'd shoved me again, she would have gotten a shove back, but I figured I'd annoyed her enough by my refusal to give her the item. XD
                      I might have done that in your shoes. Unless I'm hurt, I'm not likely to drop kick someone in the privates.
                      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth morgana View Post
                        Or the elderly woman walking with a cane may have gone to a steampunk convention and bought herself a cane with copper tubing for the body and a lead staircase finial as the head . . . Pity the fool who tries to mug this 'elderly' woman.
                        My canadian crutches are effectively 5 foot tonfas, and are tipped in the winter with ice spikes. Bite me One of the classes I had back when I worked security was using a tonfa for self defense and crowd control.
                        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Wow. Nervy bitch. It's not yours until you'd paid for it. And if you really saw it first, it would be in your cart already, now wouldn't it?

That really would've made me see red. You know how some people have a short fuse? I have no fuse at all. Rude idiots are like putting the lit match directly to the gunpowder.
                          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                            I have no fuse at all.
                            One of my college roommates said I have a very long fuse... attached to a metric ton of dynamite. In my four years in retail, I blew up at a co-worker once. He was taller, leaner, and muscular, and he backed away from me nervously.

I probably would have kept my cool with that SC, though. I look pretty unassuming and timid, so sometimes I wonder why I've never had an encounter like that...
                            I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
                            - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
                            - IPF

Comment

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
                              One of my college roommates said I have a very long fuse... attached to a metric ton of dynamite. In my four years in retail, I blew up at a co-worker once. He was taller, leaner, and muscular, and he backed away from me nervously.

I probably would have kept my cool with that SC, though. I look pretty unassuming and timid, so sometimes I wonder why I've never had an encounter like that...
                              I dragged and tossed a couch off a third floor balcony once... I couldn't move my ex BF out of my flat as I stupidly had him on the lease, so I moved out and into my new BFs house. I had gone back to get some of my clothing and found the skank he had moved in wearing my clothing. He had also decided to take my couch with him when they moved - I heard her telling him it would look great in her living room, so I offered to help them move it down to my pickup. I moved it. [it was a cheap $200 couch that I picked up from a friend the previous end of school year for $30. It wasn't the amount, it was the principal of the thing.]

I have quite a reputation for being the mellow sensible person. My husband can count on one hand the number of times he has heard me raise my voice in anger in 25 years ... I also have one freaking fuck of a temper, and knowing this I do my best to not get angry. It takes a *lot* to get me pissed off enough to raise my voice, it takes more to get me mad enough to punch a wall or the equivalent. I do not start fistfights, but I have finished them in my day. Last bar fight I got into I broke the patella [knee cap] of a guy that refused to take no for an answer and actually shoved his hand up my skirt. His bad, I was wearing steel toed sneakers. Oops.
                              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
                              X