Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If it were not for bad luck.. I might have no luck at all.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If it were not for bad luck.. I might have no luck at all.

Well.. not counting the luck in finding Marmalady that is..

So last week or so.. things have just not been going good for me. I threw my back out, paid $72 for a medicine that my mom turned out being allergic too, and my alternator died. So .. no vehicle, less money, and back pain. That should be it right? Bad news comes in threes right? Tell me that I right.. please?

I was wrong lol. Though it is a very minor thing. My mouse is dying.
    Last edited by Mytical; 01-05-2015, 04:33 PM.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Oh, 4 things. I'm sorry, dear friend. Wish I could help somehow.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Nope now 5 things. My little bit of money I get from the government is now being garnished. I wish I was making this up. I really do.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

That's not even legal. Lawyer now.

Comment

I think Food Lady is correct. My understanding is that Social Security and other disability money is not to be touched by debtors and such.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

They are correct: http://www.disabilitysecrets.com/page1-18.html
            "My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the hell she is." - Ellen DeGeneres

Comment

If you have the info for the law office that is working for the other party, you can contact them and state that you are exempt from garnishment and request paperwork to submit as proof, as the burden is legally on you, as fair or unfair as that is. This should stop the order. In order to get back what they already took, I think you have to contact the court itself. I've dealt with this more than once and have learned that the other parties' reps are often helpful and quite sympathetic to me if I am cooperative and honest with them.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                That's not even legal. Lawyer now.
                It's legal if it's the agency you are getting the money from gharnishing it because of an overpayment.

But with SSI and the like, evemn then it's only p[ossible to take 19% of it.

I know because of a screw up (on their end) when I started getting a pension because they ordered me to file for it. They didn't reduce my payments then (because I didn't inform them "correctly") and so I've been having money taken out for that. :-(

At least it'll be paid back by april.

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
                  Well.. not counting the luck in finding Marmalady that is..

So last week or so.. things have just not been going good for me. I threw my back out, paid $72 for a medicine that my mom turned out being allergic too, and my alternator died. So .. no vehicle, less money, and back pain. That should be it right? Bad news comes in threes right? Tell me that I right.. please?

I was wrong lol. Though it is a very minor thing. My mouse is dying.
                  Too bad you aren't closer, i'd offer to take care of the repair for you, long as it ain't a Sedona.
                  Seph
                  Taur10
                  "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

I honor of the thread title: If it weren't for bad luck...
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                    X