This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Hanzoku View Post
    Well, they would have to be aware of it. 30-odd people won't all have the same e-mail of Turtle.Egg@Provider.com

But yeah, it would have been nice if they would have stepped in in some fashion to let people know this was going on.
    I think they'll only interfere if they're doing something flat-out illegal or doing something dangerous/life-threatening. (For instance, if club president is requiring all members to gamble in order to compete or if the club is using flaming arrows on their targets )

Quoth Gilhelmi View Post
    I am sorry, but I do not follow. Why would he want to do that to begin with?
    To be honest, I have no idea. My bet would be as a means of controlling the club members so to speak. Either that or he believes that he's doing us a favour by having us avoid spam. Although this now does put the coaches expulsion in a new light.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
      I found out today that normally when you sign up for a club, part of your fee goes to Archery Australia,

The kangaroo court is next weekend.
      I see what you did there - was it intentional?
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
        I see what you did there - was it intentional?
        No.

I've also opted to give myself a bit of a sabbatical until after these events blow over as I have this tendency to shoot my mouth off sometimes and it just winds up making things worse. I've already had to restrain myself from bitching on the school page.

I will be trying a club shoot by June.

Comment

So the kangaroo court was last weekend. I only found out the verdict this weekend because my partner still gets club emails (for god knows what reason).

Short version: all the club members present opted to expel my coach, but coach had been approached by 2 other clubs to provide his services and they were happy to let him run his services freely on the grounds.

Club president reminded everyone that commercial ventures were not to be done on club grounds (how ironic...) and that if there was any coaching being done, that the club needed records of this occurring (this was already being done).

No skin off our nose, since we're all happily ensconced elsewhere. Most of us are headed further out north, I'll be going closer to home.

Comment

Working...
          X