This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
    A legititmate POA would be ready to produce it.
    Quoth taxguykarl
    Agreed with the scam suspicion. Definately flag that account for some kind of extra security. It sounds like the daughter is trying to loot that account to me too. A legititmate POA would be ready to produce it.
    Thankfully, that lady will get the same thing no matter who she talks to. We cannot and will not break the law for her.
    "My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the hell she is." - Ellen DeGeneres

Comment

It's also possible she didn't want to send the POA because she didn't want to put in the effort. Some people are just plain lazy. Having said that though, I also think it's a scam.
      "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Moreover, some financial institutions require the POA be notarized and executed within the last 90 days. They won't take a six month old POA or one not notarized. Some also require additional forms be submitted with the POA. In short, some financial institutions make being a POA a PITA!

src: personal experience >.< I took over my mom's financials after my grandfather passed and boy did I have some "fun" with the "sun" institution...

Which reminds me I need to see of BoA will keep a PoA on file.. it generally doesn't matter since I've been present for everything anyway and a lot can be done online, but still...
        Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
          Which reminds me I need to see of BoA will keep a PoA on file.. it generally doesn't matter since I've been present for everything anyway and a lot can be done online, but still...
          Yeah, needs to be an original copy. You can call in for the mailing address. I'm not at liberty to discuss how I know this
          "My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the hell she is." - Ellen DeGeneres

Comment

Quoth shanarocks View Post
            Credit card account, at that...I've had plenty of people call in and try to pass themselves off as the card holder. I get them over to the cesspool that is fraud - suspicious caller unit.
            Have you ever had a caller fail authentication with fraud suspicious? Fraud places a hold on the card and the only way to get the card reactivated is in person at a branch with 2 forms of ID. That was seriously one of my favorite things. I also liked it when the caller would hang up the phone during verification. What's that? Fraud watch CSI? Don't mind if I do!
            Thank you for calling Card Services, how may I take your abuse today? ~Headset Hellion

Comment

All the time! They get so mad when that happens, too.

"I can give you this and this and this"

Yeah, but those are not what I asked for so no, I cannot accept them.

Comment

Working...
              X