This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It says "manufacturer coupon" ON THE COUPON

I finally ended up telling this lady to contact corporate about it because she kept going on and on about it. We have coupons that print out at the register randomly, and some say "[STORE] coupon" and some say "manufacturer coupon" on top. If they say "manufacturer" we have to submit them to get credit, even though they print out of our machine. I tried to take it after I'd scanned a manufacturer coupon on the item already. (I thought the second one was a store coupon because of the paper). Well, I got a big error message that wouldn't let me take it. She tried to reason that it was a store coupon because "it came from you guys" and that it said redeemable at our company, and that the competition wouldn't take it, so it must not be a mf coupon. I had to point out the wording more than once. I don't care where she got it; it SAID "manufacturer". Then she pulled the other store card. I don't care what the other store does, either. Listen to what I am telling you! Well, the one thing she said that made sense was that we all need to be consistent in our coupon policy. I said, "I wholeheartedly agree with you!" Yes, the other store needs to stop doing that. Or we need to accept them. Either way, not my problem. I can read. I hope she does complain, because they probably will change the policy or I will get the go-ahead to break the rule. I don't care, really, but I hate being argued with.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Ugh, I get that too. People will try to use two coupons for the same item, one that printed at our store and one from the Sunday paper. Sorry can only accept one. Just because it printed at our store doesn't mean anything. Say manufacturer coupon. I've had people try to use the same printed coupons from other stores and we're not supposed to take them even if the register accept them. Something about the agreement the companies make with the manufacturers. Usually people understand when I say that we have to send them in for the credit even if they do get pissy with me.
    I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
      Well, the one thing she said that made sense was that we all need to be consistent in our coupon policy. I said, "I wholeheartedly agree with you!" Yes, the other store needs to stop doing that. Or we need to accept them. Either way, not my problem. I can read. I hope she does complain, because they probably will change the policy or I will get the go-ahead to break the rule. I don't care, really, but I hate being argued with.
      I really hope this was the part where she stopped aiming both barrels at you, and set her sights on somewhere that might, I dunno, be able to do something
      Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
      What's the difference?
      We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Quoth rose_metal_nz View Post
        I really hope this was the part where she stopped aiming both barrels at you, and set her sights on somewhere that might, I dunno, be able to do something
        Like THAT is gonna happen, they would rather vent at the person in front of them rather than speaking to someone who could actually, maybe, you know do something!
        We are the willing, led by the unknowing, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful, we have now done so much, for so long - for so many, with so little, we can now do anything with nothing!!!

Comment

The worst part about the whole thing is that nobody on the store level can change policy. It takes lots of people complaining to corporate to do that. The most a manager can do is override policy enough to shut the customer up which just leads to people coming back and taking advantage of it. Until it becomes a problem for corporate and then they crack down. Then people get pissed over that. If the stores just stuck with their policy and didn't bend the rules....oh time to go feed my unicorn and nap under my gum drop tree.
          I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Sounds easier than my process. we pull up a form and submit the complaint electronically. Who knows if they actually get attention
            "My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the hell she is." - Ellen DeGeneres

Comment

Quoth Trixie View Post
              oh time to go feed my unicorn and nap under my gum drop tree.
              On my first pass reading that, I thought you wrote 'gum tree', which here is synonymous with 'eucalypt tree'. My mind went 'I have one of those - what's she talking about?'

(In a storm last year, the damn tree dropped a massive branch - onto our shed roof. Broke the damn thing.)
              Seshat's self-help guide:
              1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
              2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
              3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
              4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Working...
              X