This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The f-unfight at the gamestore

My wife and I were enjoying a good day about town, when all of a sudden an asshole appears.
    I was one defcon 1 all out nuclear attack commencing setting, after some asshole threatened my pregnant wife.
    All because she was looking at the wii games that happened to be directly behind him.
    This would not have been a problem for a sane person but assholius maximus was in the middle of a sucktomer rant of epic proportions about something he was very clearly wrong on.
    I turned from the xbox games to see what was going on, his rant had abruptly gone silent.
    The reason was, asshat had just turned around to ask her "what the fuck you looking at bitch".
    That had me cursing him out, with no hesitation at all.
    He then made an aggressive move at her.
    I flew across the room so fast that I was throwing a punch even before the guy was able to reach my wife.
    What brought me to a screeching halt was the fact that a small absolutely terrified boy was standing beside him.
    I guess he didn't count on the tall fat guy either being acquainted with, or fast enough to do anything about him.
    He went from cocky tough guy to a scared little shit in half a second.
    I got called fatso and other very unoriginal insults.
    That got old fast, I told him " Your son is the only reason I'm not kicking your ass right now, keep it up and I'll let him live with the image of you stuffed in the trash for the rest of his life."
    I don't know what held me back in truth, the scared look on my wife's face made me madder than I have ever been in my life.

I get the feeling his son is going to get used to seeing his father stuffed into various containers and sewers.
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

OMG! I would like this post a million times if I could. I used to be with an asshole who wouldn't have given two shits if I were in your wife's shoes. Bravo, you awesome husband, you.
      "My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the hell she is." - Ellen DeGeneres

Comment

You've got more self control than I.

I would have relished seeing his kid watch his father get pummeled.

"This is what happens when you fuck a stranger in the ass, Larry!"

Comment

Wow o_0

Paranoid people scare me. Had a few run ins myself. You give them a quick glance, or look at something behind them and they're all "Whadda YOU lookin' at?!" I don't know if they're truly paranoid, think they're the centre of the universe and that you MUST be looking at them, or are just itching for a fight.

I've never had anyone get physically violent though. That's just awful what happened. I mean, who tries to start a fist fight with a pregnant woman when their own child is right there?

Comment

It is not paranoia per say, it is more anger issues mixed in with a guilty conceinse (sp?).

I am paranoid, but I never confront people (far to risky, what if they were not watching you?). If someone is acting 'suspicious' I will 'casually' walk away, and head for a med-traffic area. While making multiple turns usually to the left (if they follow you though 4 or more left turns, they are following you). I am happy to report that no one has ever been following me.
            I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Quoth Evannah View Post
              Paranoid people scare me. Had a few run ins myself. You give them a quick glance, or look at something behind them and they're all "Whadda YOU lookin' at?!" I don't know if they're truly paranoid, think they're the centre of the universe and that you MUST be looking at them, or are just itching for a fight.
              There are a few customers at the grocery store like this. I'll be doing my usual all-around glance, happen to make millisecond contact with them and they'll give me a LOOK.

A lot of attempted scammers can get very belligerent and abusive if they think--rightly or wrongly, maybe nobody's watching them but something happens to set the system off--that I'm actually watching them (while I will thwart scams if I can do so safely I don't get paid enough to act as LP, so if I feel threatened I will back off).
              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Evannah View Post
                I mean, who tries to start a fist fight with a pregnant woman when their own child is right there?
                Especially since either the woman or the kid could get caught in the crossfire. How would Daddy Dearest feel if he got in a fistfight with the OP and somehow clipped his own kid with a thrown punch? (Well, I hope he would feel remorseful, but we all know that some folks won't.)

Thank you for standing up for your wife, MB. Did any employees call security or the police?
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I feel sorry for the kid. If dad behaves like that in public, how does he behave at home.

Comment

I told the guy I would stay and make a statement for the cops.
                    He just let the guy go and said he gets abused worse from other customers.
                    My mind was still a bit scrambled, going from having a decent day to fight to the death adrenaline surge.
                    I was shaking all over, I was so pissed I don't know if I would have stopped punching that douche rocket until he stopped caring about anything.
                    Still have nightmares that I'm too slow and my awesome 3 year old son gets hurt or worse before he is even born.
                    Or God forbid something happen to my wife.
                    I don't deserve her, she is better than anything I could have imagined.
                    Being unhandycrapped due to a bad back injury made worse by being rear ended in an accident almost 2 years ago.
                    I had just finished my first 90 days in the company had impressed my coworkers and managers with my drive and dedication.
                    Blam - go back to you are f--ed, enjoy the pain sucker - welcome to hell again.
                    On top of taking care of our kids she works nights full time and many other side jobs on the side.
                    I don't spend money if I can help it and things are still tight money wise.
                    Wow I'm rambling, currently taking one of the only medications that works much so I'll try again later.

Comment

Quoth MournBlade View Post
                      Wow I'm rambling, currently taking one of the only medications that works much so I'll try again later.

Comment

My wonderful husband sends you "two thumbs up!"

He would have done exactly the same thing.

Funny story about that... A week or so after I had taken a bad fall off a horse (horse stopped, I didn't), I sneezed in the middle of the night. The sneeze revealed that I had broken a couple of ribs in the fall. Hubby was awakened by a wife crying in pain. It makes him mad that I hurt. He looks explosive when he gets mad, but like you, has it under control. But that explosive aura remains.

Off we go to the ER, and into the intake room with a very nice male nurse. I sit at the desk (with all the week-old bruises from the fall), and hubby a little way back, in the corner, with his clenched fists, hunched up shoulders, and snapping angry eyes. Nice nurse leans over to me and asks quietly, "Do you need a safe place to stay tonight?"

Unfortunately, it made me laugh, which hurt - and hubby laughed too. I told Nice Nurse thank you, and that I couldn't be safer than to be with my husband. (And he's still Mr. Right, after 18 years!)
                        I don’t have enough middle fingers to show you how I feel about you.
                        - Twitter, via Boredpanda.com, via Youtube

Right. Well. When you manage to pull the concussed deer of your intellect away from the oncoming headlights of life let me know. - Grave keeper

Comment

Working...
                        X