This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking the news to my RM

So I got pulled in by Temporary Bosslady today for a chat. I was panicking, thinking I'd done something wrong again. Nope.

Turns out that she'd picked up on my anxiety disorder from the moment I'd first walked in. I told her I was in the process of seeking help and explained my background. She explained that she'd had CWs who also had anxiety and Aspergers (I explained to her that in my case I'd been tested twice for it as a kid, both times were negative for Aspergers) and explained that one of those CWs was now a 2IC at a much larger centre than mine. So, in other words, I didn't need to worry about hiding it.

She said that she wasn't going to tell her regular girls (she also stole one of my regulars ) but she wanted me to tell our RM, who is responsible for both the school I'm at now and my regular school (along with about 5-6 others). I said I'd rather do it face-to-face than over email, but now here's the question: what's the best way to explain this?

(It wouldn't surprise me if my RM HAS picked up on it already, but I figure I may as well say something. All I really want out of it is just an understanding of my background and that my actions are not necessarily incompetence. On top of that, my current bosslady is pregnant and will be leaving to have her baby soon, meaning new coordinator-whether that's permanent or temporary I'm not sure. I would rather my RM knows now and I plan on telling the new coordinator.)
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

First off, awesome Bosslady!

Did you think to ask Bosslady for the best way to tell RM? If she had any advice to offer (whether you did ask or not), my suggestion would be to take it. She sounds like she's quite sensible, at least in this regard. And she's right, this is information RM needs.
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Yes, she's awesome. Her method of "training" us is to stay with us whenever we work through a new concept or aspect of our job, then she'll leave us to it. She'll also work on areas that need addressing with each of us (for instance, mine is managing a group with unfamiliar equipment).

She offered to tell my RM on my behalf. I declined, as it was something I have to do. My RM I believe has picked up on it, but I'm not sure. We did discuss the best way of doing it though and agreed that it was face-to-face.

Comment

So I broke the news to my RM today, more casually, rather than dropping a bomb.

I still don't really know what I want from them at this stage, but we agreed that I'm to stay where I am for now (smaller group, smaller AGE group, easier to manage) and let her know when it gets too much.

She handled it well.

Comment

Working...
        X