This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back to Work

I can keep the lights on between now and May when I go back to Alaska. I just got hired on as a cashier at a resort in Big Sky, Montana. The job starts Wednesday and ends on April 30th so just in time to fly to Anchorage. I've never been to Montana before so that will be fun. I've never skied before either. Hopefully, I'll get the chance to learn. (The inner seven-year-old is really excited about getting to play in the snow.)
    Everyone I've talked to on the phone there seems really nice. I had a bit of a pebkac error on my part when it came to filling out the paperwork. The HR people were very patient in fixing it. The manager who hired me seemed nice too. Of course, he may turn out to be a turkey when I actually start working, but I don't think so. In any case, I'm excited. Whatever happens, it will be an adventure.
    Last edited by Teysa; 01-17-2015, 09:55 PM.
    Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Quoth Teysa View Post
    ... I've never skied before either...
    Remember George's warning... "Watch out for that..."
    Quoth Teysa View Post
    ...an adventure...
    Someone else having an interesting time, as my Chinese kin would say.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Yeah, I hear trees tend to pop up out of nowhere. And hmm, I'm not sure I want to have that interesting of a time.
      Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

If you've seen the famous Charles Addams (yep, the guy who created the "Addams Family") single-panel cartoon, trees don't seem to be too big an issue for skiiers. Sonny Bono might offer a different opinion, however.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
          Sonny Bono might offer a different opinion, however.
          So would "super skier"
          Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Enjoy the warm weather for a change, huh???

I want to move to Alaska. People are always trying to talk me out of it with shit like, "But in Alaska, EVERYONE is depressed because there's almost no light there 6 months out of the year!"

I respond with, "Yeah, but here, people are just depressed for EVERY OTHER reason, and they always act like it in the daytime!"

It's not like I'm DEMANDING that THEY have to move to Alaska with me. They can keep their butts here and do whatever they want while I move there instead!

Comment

Working...
            X