This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My poor coworker was yelled at

I heard this story that my coworker told me. A man came up to her, really angrily, while she was stood at the till. We're a concession within a larger store. There are other concessions too, each with their own tills. The man didn't like this one bit and was actually shouting and swearing so loud and furiously that he went bright red and his eyes were bulging out of his sockets. She said he was really scary. She hadn't even said anything at this point. She was totally, completely innocent. She was just there, and I guess he needed to shout at someone.

She tried to tell him that each concession is clearly signed and she is sorry if this has inconvenienced him in any way, but he yelled over her and called her a liar. She told him that she isn't a liar, that this concession and the one opposite has signs saying to please pay at our tills. He said, "There is NOT! You're a LIAR! There are NO signs!" Then he said to her, "I'm never coming in here again, not after the service that YOU have given me!" He told her that she was rude and that he'd be complaining, told her that it's not nice to lie, especially to customers... the whole works.

Okay. First of all, my poor coworker, who is in her late 50's and very small might I add, didn't even DO anything to you! Nothing at all! Yet YOU shouted and swore at her until you nearly popped a blood vessel. Secondly, you called her a liar and that's really stupid to say so, since one of the signs she told you about was right there in plain sight behind and above the till! Thirdly, how can you complain about my coworker giving you bad service when she gave no service? You would barely let her SPEAK, let alone SERVE you! And fourthly, rude? Hahahaha. Look in a mirror you stupid little dickstain. There's only one person who was rude. YOU.

There are NO signs!"
    This would have made me point to the nearest sign and yell, "Then what is THAT, dickhead?"

And I'd have been fired, I know.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Oh, do I wish I were there to put him in his place. I have and will get fired for standing up for someone else.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

What the hell was he even angry about? He sounds like a psycho.

Comment

Quoth rageaholic View Post
          What the hell was he even angry about? He sounds like a psycho.
          Sounds like someone who's mad at the world and wants to take his temper out on someone he know won't fight back. Would've served him right if someone had punched him right in his foul mouth.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
            Sounds like someone who's mad at the world and wants to take his temper out on someone he know won't fight back. Would've served him right if someone had punched him right in his foul mouth.
            And posted to youtube for the world to see.

Comment

In situations like these, it would be great to have something behind the counter that just says, "Yelling will not get you what you want."

And when a customer goes on a rant, just set it on the counter, say "When you're ready to apologize and discuss this calmly, we will.", then ignore them.

Oh, it would be great to be able to do that...
              Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Working...
              X