X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Arizonans! General question

This sounds weird, but tell me, please:

Do you consider Phoenix a West Coast city?

I ask because someone referred to it as such on a website and I kept thinking, don't you need to be on the COAST to be considered a West Coast city?
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Not an Arizonan, but my guess is that someone saw a song title "Oceanfront property in Arizona" but didn't listen to it.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
      Not an Arizonan, but my guess is that someone saw a song title "Oceanfront property in Arizona" but didn't listen to it.
      Ha, that would explain it, wouldn't it? It was actually a book review that took issue with some terms used by cops in the book. The story takes place in Phoenix and the reviewer argued that the Phoenix PD doesn't use certain terms, that the terms are "East Coast" words and the cops in Los Angeles, Phoenix and "other West Coast cities" use different terms.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I don't think of Phoenix as a West Coast city. To me it's a Southwest city.

Comment

I'm from Phoenix (Tempe, if you want to get technical), and this is my take on it.

Phoenix is not a coastal city, but it is a West Coast city, at least as opposed to East Coaat cities. Or if you prefer, a Western city. It is a general term, not meant to indicate that it's coastal, but merely to differentiate it from Midwest and East Coast cities.

Also, it is only 360 miles to L.A. That's close enough. Hell, as I tell people, we've got lots of sand.....it's just really low tide.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
          X