This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awesome dinner inspired by Cookie!

The other night I was trying to think of something to make for dinner. I knew I wanted to do something with chicken but wanted to try something different this time and was having trouble coming up with good ideas.

Then I saw Cookie post on facebook that she'd just gotten a new waffle iron and inspiration struck. CHICKEN AND WAFFLES!!!

My fiancé loves chicken and waffles; she gets excited whenever they make that on Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives. I've never been a fan of "breakfast for dinner" but for whatever reason that just stuck in my mind.

I picked up some thighs and drumsticks, only to find out that future mother-in-law was taking us out to dinner that night. No matter....made them last night.

I wouldn't let my fiancé in the kitchen because I wanted it to be a surprise. Plus, this was going to be the first time I'd ever attempted to make actual fried chicken. I've made oven fried boneless chicken but not deep fried bone-in chicken. Found a simple recipe from Emeril and went for it. Had a bit of trouble getting the oil to stay at the right temperature at first (word to they wise....putting the lid on your Dutch oven will make the temp shoot up REALLY fast. It went from 225F to over 400F in no time at all, forcing me to take it off the heat to cool down) but it came out damn near perfect in the end.

Fiancé LOVED IT. She actually squealed with delight when I brought it out to the table all plated up nice. I even warmed up the real maple syrup.

Thanks for the inspiration Cookie!
    Attached Files
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.
Working...
X