This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luckily there was room to swerve

Saw this on the interstate. I was pretty far back so didn't get mixed up in it fortunately.

There was a van on the shoulder of the interstate. The lane adjacent to him was full of cars preparing to depart at the upcoming off-ramp, though there was a gap coming up he could have taken advantage of if he wanted to remerge. Could have. The van decided he wanted to get back onto the interstate.

The van, from a full stop, decides to just straight-up pull into the lane that's full of cars going 60mph!

The other lane was vacant at the time which was fortunate, as no less than three were forced to swerve around this moron while everyone else had to slam on their brakes.

I mentioned the lane was full of cars, no? It wasn't even that he pulled into a gap where cars were coming up behind him that he cut off. That whole line was right up beside him: cars ahead of him, cars beside him, and cars behind. He nearly side-swiped one of the cars who had to swerve into the other lane. It would have been insane to attempt such a maneuver on a normal city street, let alone the damn interstate!

If the other lane hadn't been vacant right there, that would have been a mess of a wreck.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

"It's OK, they'll move/stop..." -- right up there with "Hey! Watch this!" among famous last words.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Someone pulled the same stunt on me a few weeks back. Gas station must have had cheap fuel, because traffic was backed up into the curb lane trying to get in. Brand new (salesperson taking customer for a test drive) Lexus didn't want to get stuck behind the stopped traffic, so they changed into the second lane - or at least they tried to (I was already in the lane). Car was totalled, the Peterbilt of Natural Selection got a bit of cosmetic damage (from 10 feet, you wouldn't notice it). They were ticketed for careless driving.

Of course, the delay wound up making me late for a delivery appointment, and I got turned away by the consignee and told to re-book for the next business day. Fun times, considering I had a backhaul that I needed to pick up.
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Send the dealership the bill for your wonderfully-named vehicle-o'doom (and for the lost time/shipment); maybe their insurance will cover it (They DO have to take out special insurance to account for test drivers, do they not?). If they complain, tell them to pass it along to their customer.
        Last edited by EricKei; 01-25-2015, 02:17 AM.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

And make them pay for your wasted trip and second now-needed one!

Comment

Safety director has asked me to get estimates for getting the damage fixed, so he can go after their insurance.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
            X