This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Imitation Game

So my SO and I saw The Imitation Game today. It was actually fairly decent.

Benedict Cumberbatch is perfect in the role as Turing-he was perfect given that a good chunk of the dialogue was just pure deadpan and he comes off as someone who can pull that off perfectly. (Especially compared to the original proposed actor-Leo DiCaprio)

It took me a while to fully recognise Keira Knightley...I haven't seen her in too many films recently so that may have been why . Also unlike other actresses, her face doesn't "stick" with me.

The ending I think was done beautifully.

Definitely worth a watch.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

I really liked it. My husband and I joked about how the movie was subtly pointing out how stupid homophobia is throughout the whole movie, then brought out a sledgehammer at the end.

Comment

Quoth Ellain View Post
      I really liked it. My husband and I joked about how the movie was subtly pointing out how stupid homophobia is throughout the whole movie, then brought out a sledgehammer at the end.
      Apparently there was a slight issue with the ending (along with a bundle of other historical inaccuracies that I didn't find out about until later) where the synthetic oestrogen apparently inspired Turing to work more-he took the biological changes in his body as inspiration. (Although then again, I guess it would've been harder to accurately portray gynaecomastia)
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
      X