Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fun with finger slings! (Or question for archers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun with finger slings! (Or question for archers)

So today at my archery class (I'm no longer associating with the club where my classes were held, the classes are elsewhere), I learned how to use a finger sling. Or rather, how to make one from a shoelace.

The problem I had with it (aside from grabbing the bow still, something I've gotta get out of) was that it was too distracting against my hand, causing me to focus on that instead of y'know shooting an end.

So my question to any archers on this board: what do you prefer, finger sling, wrist sling or bow sling?
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Sorry to side track your question with the first reply, but since this is about archery, have you seen this Lars Anderson Archery Video?

Wow - eye opening really.

Back to your original thread!
    "Announcing your intentions is a good way to hear God laugh." Al Swearingen (Deadwood)

Comment

I was trained with a finger sling made out of a piece of thin cotton rope (essentially a round shoelace). I've never used a wrist sling, so I have no idea which I'd prefer...

When I started shooting in the SCA, I stopped using the sling, and just held my thumb and middle finger touching each other.
      "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Working...
      X