Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

going back to sales (getting my nerve up)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• going back to sales (getting my nerve up)

I work in a call center that does inbound telesales. Think late night infomercials and there is a good chance you will be calling us when you order.
    I've had it good lately, I managed to get myself into the sole remaining customer service role int he building for a product with no complaints. Sadly there was a pay raise for sales. 12$ an hour or commission whichever is greater vs my 10$ per hour. I have a family, I have to make the change. I don't want to, but I have to. Commision is such that some agents make more than the managers.
    Anyways, time to suck it up. Stress at work is better than stress at home. So get ready for lots of "I'm calling the attorney general", "this is a scam", "what do you mean I have to pay s and p", "I only want what I saw on the tv", "I don't want automatic shipments" and so on and so on.
    I guess this means I'll be posting more often.

DINK DINK! (points for the reference)

At least you are looking at it the right way - family first. I personally am not wired to be good at a commissioned sales job, nor does the thought of my paycheck wildly fluctuating based on the whims of the buying public fill me with anything approaching happy happy joy joy feelings. My grandfather was a traveling salesman that would put 50,000 miles on a car in a YEAR, but his genes for that did NOT pass down to my mother or I.

I'd do it if I had no choice to support my family, but I'd probably develop an ulcer in double time.

Comment

The advantage is that the base pay, if I do not make commision is 12/hr which goes a long way in this part of ohio.

Comment

Working...
      X