This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I took a promotion

I got offered a promotion and decided to accept it. I'm now the number 2 supervisor in the company, which makes me the number 1 field supervisor.

My initial reaction was 'hell no' but I came to the realization that this is in fact my career, not the 2 week temp paycheque that I intended it to be 10 years ago. It comes with a decent raise, but a hell of a lot more responsibility. I'm optimistically viewing this as a positive though; I think my better position will give me a stronger voice in the company, so when I'm hit with a ridiculous timeline or workload, I'll have a stronger leg to stand up for myself.

Of course that's the optimistic view. In reality, I'll probably just go nuts like I did at my last company and have to leave to preserve my sanity.
    D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
    Quoth = Crossbow "EvilHomer, Irv, Gravekeeper, and Seraph: the Four Horsemen of the Dumbpocalypse."

At least now you're getting paid more for being driven crazy.
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Congrats and good luck!

Comment

Please tell me I'm not the only one who read the title of this post and mentally added 'to the knee' ?

(and congrats, Homer!)
        Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Congrats on the promotion! The paycheck might be worth it
          "My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the hell she is." - Ellen DeGeneres

Comment

Working...
          X