This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost gave my boss a heart attack!

I had an orthodontist appointment today and took extra care after lunch to brush my teeth and braces, using a little plastic bristle brush on a little handle that goes between the wires and brackets. It comes with a little plastic cover and is maybe half the size of a pen.

Looks a bit like the capped end of a used insulin needle

I dropped a handful of stuff while talking with my boss after brushing my teeth. He got his crazy panic face and rushed over to look at the little brush I'd dropped and asked "Is...is that a hypodermic needle!?!" I had never thought how it could look like a needle, except the ones I have come in a variety of colors. I showed him what it was; I was almost afraid he was going to have a panic attack!

(PS. My boss can get freaked a little easy)
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

I wonder what would happen if your boss meet someone who was diabetic?
    I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

OK, so why is that something to freak about?
      Come to think of it, do I really want to know? Full disclosure: Mrs. TGK is herself diabetic.
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Gilhelmi View Post
        I wonder what would happen if your boss meet someone who was diabetic?
        I once saw someone use an auto-injector pen to administer insulin to her thigh. I thought it was an EpiPen and that she was having an allergic reaction!
        cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Quoth cindybubbles View Post
          I once saw someone use an auto-injector pen to administer insulin to her thigh. I thought it was an EpiPen and that she was having an allergic reaction!
          Not such a big deal at my house. My mom is diabetic and takes not only insulin by injection daily but also another medication (Byetta) twice daily by injection.

Byetta comes in a two tone blue/yellow pen and one of those is good for 28 days and has to be kept refrigerated.
          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
            OK, so why is that something to freak about?
            Probably just because it was something he didn't know about, or he was worried an employee would think I was carrying needles around.
            "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
              (PS. My boss can get freaked a little easy)
              A little? Makes you wonder what would happen if something major happened.
              I AM the evil bastard!
              A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
              X