This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One for Alyssa...

...a customer service rep at Radio-Flyer.

Some of you know that I have a collection of Radio-Flyer "station wagons." Two were used to deliver newspapers years ago, and the third was pulled out of someone's trash. They helped start my fortune, and are enjoying their retirement being used as mobile workshops or used to move things in the yard. I sometimes haul boxes of scrap paper to the recycling bins down the street--I get exercise, and I get rid of stuff. Very dependable, almost to the point of being annoying

Then the rear frame on my '78 broke, and I had to park it. Eventually, the metal parts fatigue and crack along the welds. Everything is available from the factory, so I fired off an order...which arrived last week. Problem was, that the two diagonal braces I ordered weren't in the box--yet they were on the invoice, and I'd paid for them.

Sunday morning, I fired off an email to their customer service department. I wasn't expecting an answer, but imagine my surprise...when Alyssa in their customer service department had not only replied, but apologized for the mix-up, sent me the missing braces, via UPS.

While the original order (placed 1/22) arrived on 1/29, she put in a rush order to get me those parts (from 2/1!)...tomorrow. I would have had no problem if the parts arrived later in the week. I'm not really in a hurry, so the quick shipping was a total surprise. Alyssa, if you're reading this, I appreciate it!
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

A bit of an update... Wednesday night, the parts I was missing showed up. Naturally, I fired off a "thank you" email to Alyssa for taking care of things. She was glad that I was happy, and that she could assist me. Oh, and she had said that when I get my "station wagon" back together, she's hoping to see pics and a story up on their company blog
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
    X