This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh joy, sleep paralysis!

I had my first ever episode yesterday, and woke up despite already kind of being awake...however that works.

I'm praying it doesn't happen again tonight, it was only a few seconds long (racing heart, couldn't breathe fast enough, no hallucinations) but it was still terrifying. Good thoughts appreciated.
    Last edited by Tama; 02-04-2015, 10:57 AM.
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

I sympathize! I've had this happen to me a few times myself.

I did a little research on it, because it freaked me out the first couple of times, too.

Here's some stuff from WikiPedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_paralysis

And from WebMD:

http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders...leep-paralysis
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

On reading the wiki entry, I saw the magic words.

"Anxiety Disorders"... Yup, sure sounds like me. Despite now having relatively little to worry over I worry about everything.

Got to work on that. Thanks for the sympathy.
      Last edited by Tama; 02-04-2015, 11:56 AM.
      My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

I've only ever had one case of sleep paralysis that I can remember, and by sheer coincidence, it was the night after I watched "A Nightmare on Elm Street" (the original, of course) for the first time.

Woke up after some nightmare I had, and couldn't move for a second or two, and had full body pins-and-needles for a couple seconds after that.
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

I had a medication a few years ago that one of the side effects I got was sleep paralysis. I hope it doesn't happen to you again.
          How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

I used to get sleep paralysis when I was a kid, it would freak me right the hell out cause what does a 5 year old know about it except that not being able to move or speak is scary as fuck. I remember a few full on panic attacks caused by it, not that anyone noticed because, hey, all the thrashing around and screaming I was doing was all inside my head since my body wouldn't cooperate. Thankfully, I don't seem to have had any occurrences for 30 years or more, at least not that I can remember.
            You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

I am either very weird or very lucky (who am I kidding, I am weird )

I have had sleep paralysis a couple times, but I always enjoyed the experience. Even the "hallucinations" have been fun.

Sadly, my enjoyable experiences are rare among the general population.
              I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Don't think I have had sleep paralysis, but I love bed spinies when drunk or whatnot =) Wheee=)
                EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
                X