This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way too much effort for so little gain

So...I was driving back to the office, and just before a red light, I'm a few cars back next to a restaurant on the corner. Said restaurant has a tiny little parking lot, and you can only leave it by backing out into the street. Naturally, someone was doing so -- thus, I got to wait at the now-green light as they pulled out, moved forward just a few feet, and pulled right back into the lot, into a parking space maybe 3 sports over from where they had been. In fact, it was *further* from the door than the original one was

Kinda made my brain go *FZZT*
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Quoth EricKei View Post
    ... maybe 3 sports over ...
    They didn't want to be in the hockey spot and get pucked.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Probably thought the first spot was too small. People have no spacial awareness. Every day as I drive to school I'm all the way over to my side, and some idiot is driving right down the center of the street. If they try to move over, they're clearly TERRIFIED of the cars parked on the street. It's as if they are repelled by magnets.
      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
        Probably thought the first spot was too small. People have no spacial awareness. Every day as I drive to school I'm all the way over to my side, and some idiot is driving right down the center of the street. If they try to move over, they're clearly TERRIFIED of the cars parked on the street. It's as if they are repelled by magnets.
        My brother always said, if you're afraid to drive, don't.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Sound advice, MoonCat.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
            Every day as I drive to school I'm all the way over to my side, and some idiot is driving right down the center of the street. If they try to move over, they're clearly TERRIFIED of the cars parked on the street. It's as if they are repelled by magnets.
            Oh, heavens yes, to the point of forgetting that in the US and other places where one drives on the right-hand side of the road, the double-yellow line should always be on your left. On your left, dammit!

...not that this is a problem in the city where I live, or anything.
            "I often look at every second idiot and think, 'He needs more power.'" --Varric Tethras, Dragon Age II

Comment

In all fairness, dale, it was a place that markets itself as a sports bar/restaurant. Not saying it IS one, but the owners market it that way. ^_^;>
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
              X