This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limited Interwebs

I'm currently in the middle of moving unexpectedly. Long story, little time, though I will say I'm not in danger from the fires here.

I won't have internet for a week or two unless I can tether my partners phone to my computer like today.

Y'all have fun now, will be back soon.
    Patient has severely impacted cranial rectosis. There's probably no cure. - Overheard in ER

Good luck on the move, and stay safe!
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Thanks. I'm already exhausted as hell. Got phone tethering today, hooray. So far, I've racked up a trapped nerve in my lower back, several stories I need to vent, and a constantly angry/stressed partner.

A weeks notice to pack up your entire house and bugger off some-place else is not very much. Luckily we had a relative with a large property who wants some company. Woo!
      Patient has severely impacted cranial rectosis. There's probably no cure. - Overheard in ER

Comment

Quoth Latekin View Post
        A weeks notice to pack up your entire house and bugger off some-place else is not very much.
        No, it's not.

Hope you're soon settled again and feeling less stressed *gives hugs, carefully because of your back*
        Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

...Well, that's a crap thing to happen to you! Bugger. Best wishes for the move, get better soon, and I hope things settle into comfort quickly.

Comment

Update! Ok, so basically what happened was: Due to a massive screwup with our rental company (they screwed up, not us), we're being chucked out early. I'm not gonna go into much more of that, because we may be going to court over what happened. However, today we found out they want us to pay for another month that we won't be living there. They were acting really surprised today when they pulled up and we were cleaning an empty house. Then the real estate person made the mistake of demanding extra money from partner. Partner told them we'd spoken to a girl named {X} on the phone, and she'd told him we were fully paid off. They claim that nobody called {X} has ever worked there. Weird, I've spoken to her before, at least twice. Partner got mad and basically packed me, my housemate and all the cleaning equipment we rented back in the car, and we left. So I spent all morning fighting nasty ass spiders and cleaning carpets for nothing. I'm tired, mad and stressed out. Partner is tired, mad and stressed out. I've spent the morning writing up notices for the company and speaking to a friend of mine who's recently graduated as a business lawyer, getting him to translate legalese on the rental agreement.

I really want today to end. I'm tired. I'm still freaked out from the spiders. I hate everything that isn't my computer, my cats, or pizza. I'll also never be going through that particular rental agency again. Argh.

Comment

...yeah, this is the point at which you say "Screw that, lawyering up!" That sounds like a right clusterfuck!

I hope it gets sorted out (in your favour) soon and without too much more aggravation.

Comment

Working...
              X