This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Library loons

Loon #1 reported that there was a problem with the photocopter-fair enough it had been playing up. The problem was soon solved-'Sir,you haven't actually put anything in for it to copy...''Oh,I didn't realize I had to have it in the machine...

Loon #2-at the kiddies'sing-along-a-session,they started 'The Wheels on the Bus Go Round and Round'. This loon piped up from the end of his shelf 'Actually,they only go round when there's a force acting on them and the propulsion system enables them to go round through the action of the brakes producing a reaction' or something equally thrilling. Cue strange glances at him from kids and parents who ignore him and back to their singing.

Loon #3-could not log onto the computer or check out any books as she didn't know her password. Do you have a password-No. Do you have a library card-No. Are you a member of this library-No. Are you a member of any library-No. That'll be why then...
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

....and now you know why, after 21 years in Circulation services, I took a promotional opportunity in Cataloging.

Comment

...''Oh,I didn't realize I had to have it in the machine...
      "On my planet you just wave the item in the general vicinity of the copier and it works!"
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
      X