Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vaguely remwmber being 2ish and sliding down our basement stairs on a mattress.

Clearly remember being 3.5 and dad telling us we where moving cities because of his business. I asked why we had to move, why couldn't his business partner move instead.

Comment

I have a few vague memories from when I was 4-5ish.

I remember sitting on my bed and looking at my closet (it had those overlapping sliding doors, so you could push them together in the middle and there'd be an opening on both ends) and being convinced there was a monster in there. Yes, most kids had a monster under their bed, but mine was a closet monster. I slept with a night light to keep the monster away.

Around the same time, I remember a nightmare I had. I was sleeping on my bed (same bedroom) and, in the dream, woke up to find my bedroom on fire. My stuffed animals (even some I don't think I had at the time) had come to life and were dancing on the bed around me. Protecting me from the flames, I think. The fire burned my room so bad, my bed fell through the floor into the basement. I rarely remember my dreams now, but this one is still vivid in my mind.

I also vaguely remember my 5th birthday. I think. It could be a false memory recreated from pictures, I suppose.
      "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
      -Mira Furlan

Comment

I remember my sister being 4(?) and she tripped over my feet and smacked her head into the corner of hte dollhouse my dad had made for us. (one each-I got a blue one, my sister got a pink one ) Short version: mum takes sibling to the ED to get looked at, dad stays home with me. Sister gets a bunch of steri-strips for her trouble and a nice scar on her eyebrow that hasn't gone away (and she now gets waxed regularly so it doesn't look like there's a giant gouge on her face )
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I know I was 3, because my second sister had just been born and her birthday is the month after mine. My dad and I were going to pick her and my mom up from the hospital, I'd taken a peanut butter sandwich and my favorite doll. On the way home we passed by a giant inflatable purple dragon/dinosaur thing.
          The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains gives hope to many people.

You would have to be incredibly dense for the world to revolve around you.

Comment

I was three or so...living at our first house. I remember getting up early and finding a packet of Maltesers in the lounge room. I'd sneaked out of bed the night before and saw Mum and Dad eating them. I got the packet and hid some in my parents bed and my little brothers cot. Then I stood behind a door eating the rest and waiting for everyone else to wake up. I remember feeling giddy with excitement.

We also had slate/stone tiled living room floors, and I remember being fascinated by this weird spiky multicoloured thing stuck to one tile behind the couch. It looked like a gumball or a gobstopper that had gotten wet and dried out a few times. Mum said it was supposed to be there, but now she doesn't remember what it was. Frustration! I still wonder about that one.

Now this topic is making me remember other stuff, but a lot of it's just old sounds or voices or places I saw. Some emotions. Oddly, most of what I remember seems to be stormy or rainy days.
            Patient has severely impacted cranial rectosis. There's probably no cure. - Overheard in ER

Comment

Working...
            X