Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIGHT before leaving for Valentines Day dinner....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIGHT before leaving for Valentines Day dinner....

This just had to happen right before going out to dinner at a really nice restaurant with my fiancé.......

I went into the bathroom, and looking in the mirror, saw that my goatee was a tad scruffy, so I decided to give it a quick trim. I grabbed my trimmer, turned it on, and started going to town. I could tell from the sound that a lot of hair was being trimmed and thought "Gee that's a lot being trimmed....oh no...."

I pulled the trimmer away from my face and checked the adjustment. Oh no....oh HELL NO!!!!!

It was on 1. I wasn't trimming my goatee, I was CUTTING IT OFF!!!!

One look in the mirror confirmed my worst fears....my goatee was ruined, and we were leaving in five minutes for Valentine's Day dinner.

I had no choice....I had to shave the rest off. My chin REALLY didn't like that, since it hasn't been clean shaven in at least three years. Ouch ouch razor burn!!

I left the moustace, but my fiancé says I look like I have a baby face now.

I'm going to regrow it, because I really liked how it looked as did my fiancé. Just hope it regrows sufficiently by the wedding, which is April 25. Before anyone scoffs and says that's more than enough time, I'll point out that heavy facial hair does NOT run in my family at all, and almost none of the men on either side have beards as a result. It took months for this to grow in nice the first time. If I have to go clean shaven for my wedding photos I'm gonna be pissed......
    Last edited by Dave1982; 02-15-2015, 01:40 PM.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Re-purpose a merkin.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

I feel your pain, Dave. I did the same thing a number of years ago. Went to trim my beard - my full beard - the day I started a work conference out of state. Normally, I have the guard set on 5. That morning: 1.

Worse, I'm at a hotel, and I didn't pack a razor and cream. Why would I? I don't shave. Luckily I could get one from the front desk, but it was the first time since I was a freshman in college that I didn't have a beard. My work colleagues were from a different office, so they didn't know any better. My wife when I got home, however...

I've been informed that I'm never allowed to do that again.

Good news is that it grows back, and usually faster than you'd expect. The whole thing about shaving causing it to grow in thicker is an urban legend, but it certainly does seem to grow in faster.
      "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Happened to me once. I was trying to trim my mustache, and left a noticeable bald bit to one side of the nose. It looked terrible.

So I shaved off the mustache and then trimmed up my goatee a bit. Went like that for a couple of weeks until my mustache grew back in.
        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Shave it for a few days before re-growing it. And as someone who has grown, shaved, and re-grown a goatee, it really is easier after you've grown it the first time. The follicles get "trained" to grow. You may be surprised.

Comment

My husband recently used the wrong setting on his trimmer. Though...it wasn't on his face. And when I pointed and laughed....that didn't help either.
            Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
              My husband recently used the wrong setting on his trimmer. Though...it wasn't on his face. And when I pointed and laughed....that didn't help either.

You almost made me lose my hot chocolate.
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
                Just hope it regrows sufficiently by the wedding, which is April 25. It took months for this to grow in nice the first time. If I have to go clean shaven for my wedding photos I'm gonna be pissed......
                A rule of thumb (both my scalp and facial hair seem to follow it) is that hair grows around 1/2 inch per month. I'd say let it grow, and evaluate whether to trim it to shape, go clean-shaven, or shave and wear a hairpiece. You've got enough time to grow about an inch of goatee.
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Crossbow View Post
                  Worse, I'm at a hotel, and I didn't pack a razor and cream. Why would I? I don't shave. Luckily I could get one from the front desk, but it was the first time since I was a freshman in college that I didn't have a beard.
                  Ouch! Your face must not have liked that one bit!

Quoth wolfie View Post
                  You've got enough time to grow about an inch of goatee.
                  One can hope, but as I said, the men in my family have very light facial hair growth, which is why almost none of us have beards or moustaches. With any luck it'll grow in enough by the wedding.
                  "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Really good photographers can do wonders with photoshop. Heck, I think google can automatically combine group pics so everyone is smiling at once.

Comment

Working...
                    X