This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I overstep, here??

Ok, here's the situation. I have a cousin that will often joke with me, in front of his girlfriend, about how much sex he gets.

She's about 11 years younger than he is (He's in his early 30's, she just turned 21, I think), and the two of them already have two kids together.

Apparently, he doesn't like to "wrap it up", if you know what I mean.

I don't know if she's on birth control or not. It's not my business to ask.

Anyway, Since Valentine's Day was on a Saturday, I sent him a text/email (I sent him a text from my email) saying "Tomorrow is Valentine's Day, don't knock up your GF".

I know tone is hard to read in an email, but I sent it as a joke, and I hope he realizes that.

Did I cross a line??
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

it's hard to say, but I'd be inclined to say it's fine. your cousin hasalready made his sex life a matter for jokes between you, so a joke like that is reasonable. (as a point though- in general, it's a bad idea to make off-colour jokes unless you're sure they'll be appreciated)

Comment

Yea, if he's happy to joke about his sex life, I wouldn't think it'd be that big a deal to make jokes back.
      "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Working...
      X