This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCO twit

So I ran some errands which included a stop at the grocery store. I prefer self checkout unless I have a cart load. First a self sighting: had my nose in my cell phone as I went to the de facto SCO line up area and then I heard "Um we're in line here." Oops. Family with two adorable girls ahead of me. luckily we both laughed it off. They went off to a free SCO and I waited for a lady at another to gather her things. I saw what I thought was a stray plastic bag on the little shelf where you set stuff/basket to begin scanning. A closer look revealed two cloves of garlic inside. I snagged it off the shelf and, just as the lady was passing the SCO stand, called..."ma'am you forgot your..." She said no and waved her hands indicating she didn't want it. The awesome SCO dude swooped in to snag it and I said to her retreating back "then you need to give it to the guy so he can put it back." Leaving it in at the SCO is rude as it is in the way. Plus the dude can't do his job if he doesn't know you left it. Eesh. Hopefully I lightly shamed her into remembering manners. Awhile back I pointed out an errant bell pepper at an SCO and ended up chatting with the attendant about nitwits leaving stuff places. By the end of the conversation she was like can you stand in front and be our spokesperson? You learned this stuff in kindergarten, take it out put it away.

I so HATE this! We don't have a SCO but our store is pretty small (compared to like a Walmart). Our shopping carts are a full 6 or 7 steps from the register and maybe 3 feet from the door. I cannot stand the people that will: pick up their bags and leave the cart in front of the register (blocking the person behind them), or push the cart just past the register (blocking the door), or take the cart outside to unload and then push it back to the door (but not take it the full 3 steps inside the door to where it belongs) !! We don't have "cart guys" - I have to leave my register to take care of your laziness. GRRRRRR

Comment

Pulling into the grocery store the other day and a couple parked near me were unloading their cart, then pushed the cart into the spot next to them and got in to drive away. My son noticed and started loudly pointing and calling out 'They didn't put their cart away, how rude!' just as the wind moved the cart a couple inches, causing them to scrape the side of the paint on their van as they pulled out of their spot. They glared at us like we had done it to them as they quickly left, me and my son laughed, got their cart and headed into the store.
      Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

I always put the cart where it goes! I mean really? I have legs and they work, they may be a bit sore if my Fibro is acting up and even then it is mild compared to others. After awhile low level pain fades into the background. My friend with Chrons/UC and I laugh about the stupid pain charts at the doctors..."Eh, you mean more pain than usual? Um...". Even my aunt when dealing with caring for elders (her parents and one in law) at least one in a wheelchair managed to place the cart back or at least completely out of the way. Sunday I went to the grocery to get stuff for making spaghetti sauce and after picking up some fresh spices I found in fresh tarragon (the kind in the little plastic box thingie) in some random isle on a shelf. So I picked it up and walked back to produce to put it away. Really? I have never worked in a grocery store but common sense says at the end of a long day (with way too much stoopid) the workers don't want to play hide and seek with grocery items.

Comment

I've got an acquaintances that annoys the bejeebus out of me when they leave the cart in the middle of the parking lot and then tell me that: "They've got people whose job is it to take care of them." I've told them off on that at least once or twice.

Working a small grocery store with limited carts taught me to either put the cart back or at least bring it up to where it can be easily replaced into the line of carts if it's a store that's got a more complicated scheme than I'm used to, like some of the larger big box stores are like that around here. But I'll be honest and say that in the cases where I'll leave the shopping cart just right outside the door, it's more because the cart return cages in the parking lot are a lot farther away and I don't know how to actually put the cart back in their rotation.

Comment

Quoth pudddykat View Post
            I always put the cart where it goes! I mean really? I have legs and they work, they may be a bit sore if my Fibro is acting up and even then it is mild compared to others. After awhile low level pain fades into the background. My friend with Chrons/UC and I laugh about the stupid pain charts at the doctors..."Eh, you mean more pain than usual? Um...". Even my aunt when dealing with caring for elders (her parents and one in law) at least one in a wheelchair managed to place the cart back or at least completely out of the way. Sunday I went to the grocery to get stuff for making spaghetti sauce and after picking up some fresh spices I found in fresh tarragon (the kind in the little plastic box thingie) in some random isle on a shelf. So I picked it up and walked back to produce to put it away. Really? I have never worked in a grocery store but common sense says at the end of a long day (with way too much stoopid) the workers don't want to play hide and seek with grocery items.
            EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Accounting Drone! Where is the like button?!

Comment

Working...
              X