This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's gonna be my way

SC: yes I would like my statement sent to six different addresses each month

Me: I'm sorry we would be unable to do that but you can print as many copies as you wish online

SC: well that's not the answer I wanted. I want the statements mailed to multiple addresses. Why can't you do that?

Me: because our system isn't set up that way

SC: why?

Me: because it just isn't

SC: that's not an acceptable answer

Me: I'm sorry

SC: in other words, you're telling me I should change banks

Me: no I am just saying I can't mail the statements to six addresses

SC: oh yes you will or I am pulling all of my money out of your bank. It's gonna be done my way or I go. What's it gonna be?

Me: I can't do it, sir

SC: Can I please speak to someone who is not a complete fuckin idiot like you?

Me: Sir, I don't.............

SC: shut your goddamn mouth and get me someone competent on this phone. You're pissing me the fuck off

I transfer the call

What an asshat! He even tried to make it look like your fault. I never heard of mailing one statement to that many addresses. Do you know what happen? If he got his almighty self entitled way or did close his account and try to find another bank that would do his bidding?

Comment

Good luck finding a bank that will do that. I had bankers call me on behalf of customers, usually divorcing couples, asking that question, and our answer was the same as yours. Use online banking. We could only mail to one address.
      At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

My bank charges for paper statements. I think most places are really pushing for everything to be electronic, so this SC wanting multiple printed copies is going to be an unhappy camper at any bank. And why in the world would you want your financial info to be sent six places?
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

This sounds like a "customer" you can easily afford to lose!

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
            And why in the world would you want your financial info to be sent six places?
            That's what I was wondering too. I just can't imagine a scenario where it might make even a little bit of sense.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
              And why in the world would you want your financial info to be sent six places?
              In my mind the major theory presents itself as him sort of playing Russian Roulette. Probably wants it done so that he can say to himself, "Which address gets forgotten this time so I can just sit here and kvetch about it to the peons undeserving of my presence at that place even more?"

Other theory, he never knows which one of his vacation shanties he's going to be at at any given moment and therefore it's just easier to send them to all of them.

Comment

My thought is feuding heirors in grudgement.
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

This person is crazy if they think a bank would be willing to mail multiple statements, but....... I can think of a good reason to sent a statement out to multiple people.

I am the Trustee of the Family estate and soon-to-be trustee on my parents financials. As a matter of respect to my parents, I might get one copy sent to them so they could still feel like they have some control over things. (one copy to me, one copy to my brother. 3 copies in total.)

I also have "Trust Issues" with the Internet. I do not believe the security is good enough to entrust that sensitive of information.

However, I also know there is no way in Hades that the bank (even the much nicer 'small town' banks we use) would ever do the multiple bank statements.
                  I might be crazy, but I'm not Insane.

What? You don't play with flamethrowers on the weekends? You are strange.

Comment

Yeah he's pretty lucky if the bank doesn't charge him for the statement he does get... though maybe a place that does charge would be willing to set up a way to charge multiple times. But no. Not enough demand, and they really all want to go electronic.

Comment

Wow, that's one way to maximize your potential for identity theft. I try to do everything I can electronically. Obviously ID theft is still quite common online, but that's true whether you are doing e-paperwork or mailed paperwork. No matter what, your info is in the bank's servers, and they could be hacked. I might as well just leave my risk at that one point of failure rather than two (or in this man's case, seven).
                      Fiancee: We're going to need to do laundry. I'm out of clean pants.
                      Me: Sounds like a job for Gravekeeper!
                      Fiancee: What?!
                      Me: Nevermind.

Comment

Quoth thehuckster View Post
                        Wow, that's one way to maximize your potential for identity theft.
                        I still can't wrap my head around the need for such a request.I agree though that this is a customer you can do without.
                        I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                        -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth moneybags View Post

SC: shut your goddamn mouth and get me someone competent on this phone. You're pissing me the fuck off
                          "And that's not an acceptable answer either. (holds phone away from ear so you can't hear when the customer is speaking). And for the remainder of this phone call I will be speaking. You will no longer speak to us in that manner, and if it continues one more time your account will be closed with no warning."

THAT is my acceptable answer...

Comment

Working...
                          X