Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mystery Shopper advice...from the retail end!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A voice app could work well if you use codewords. ^_^ You might sound silly but, with luck, they'll just think yer weird and avoid you.

e.g. instead of "burger too dry" : "tumbleweeds (e.g. feels like a desert)" -- instead of "wrong dessert" : "unhappy ending"
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

OK, anyone here work for/worked for the Golden Arches?

I'm currently doing a mountainload of checks for them at the moment and I've been told NOT to get a value meal. The employees keep looking at me funny. How the hell do I get them NOT to do this?!
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

that is a hard one. have you been told to order a burger fries and drink separately? Or are you only ordering a burger?

Comment

If they want you to order items a la carte, that's a really bad way of keeping you inconspicuous...which is kinda the point here x.x They're just used to 99.9999% of customers getting the cheapest possible option, so NOT doing that makes you stand out...
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth purple View Post
            that is a hard one. have you been told to order a burger fries and drink separately? Or are you only ordering a burger?
            burger/chicken dish separately, fries and drink separately.

I might email my coordinator and explain the situation. As it stands, I didn't get identified as a shopper today and they took time in my order, so it wasn't like they were suddenly dropping everything to pander to me

Comment

The only reason I could see them requesting you order separately is to check if the crew are offering/giving the cheaper option of a meal.

Is definitely strange.

Comment

Quoth purple View Post
                The only reason I could see them requesting you order separately is to check if the crew are offering/giving the cheaper option of a meal.

Is definitely strange.
                Yeah, I believe this is the point. It's very weird though. I've asked the coordinator on how to deal with this one.

Comment

It may be to have a receipt proving you went there. Enough people eating at a golden arches it would be easy to grab a receipt from anyone for a chicken or burger sandwich meal. It would be a lot harder to get a receipt for a chicken/burger, fries, drink which is not part of a meal.
                  Last edited by NecessaryCatharsis; 03-07-2015, 12:20 PM.
                  Pain and suffering are inevitable...misery is optional.

Comment

Write it on a piece of paper. put a name beside each thing you have to order separately. Look at the paper. If they offer to combine them to save money, say something like ;(name from paper) will throw a hissy fit about subsidising me/others if we do that. Too much hassle."

Comment

Quoth NecessaryCatharsis View Post
                      It may be to have a receipt proving you went there. Enough people eating at a golden arches it would be easy to grab a receipt from anyone for a chicken or burger sandwich meal. It would be a lot harder to get a receipt for a chicken/burger, fries, drink which is not part of a meal.
                      I did email my coordinator and asked this. She stated that it was OK for me to do a value meal. The Golden Arches DO have cameras that they can use to check this
                      Last edited by EricKei; 03-07-2015, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Quoth Teskeria View Post
                        Write it on a piece of paper. put a name beside each thing you have to order separately. Look at the paper. If they offer to combine them to save money, say something like ;(name from paper) will throw a hissy fit about subsidising me/others if we do that. Too much hassle."
                        Great idea!
                        "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

I would say, pay attention. We once had a mystery shopper who criticised the fact that I was talking on the phone instead of serving customers; in actual fact, I was talking to the police and reporting a drive out. I had no choice but to use the shop phone as the office one was out of order. My colleague did explain to the queue but apparently the mystery shopper wasn't listening.
                          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                          X