This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone is SO fired...

So last night Al and I went shopping at a Roger's grocery store. We're coming down the frozen breakfast food aisle when we notice something.

The waffles and breakfast sandwiches are all gone. The store manager comes down the aisle with a cart and we ask him what's up, and he says this.

"The freezers failed." And when we remark on the unfortunate nature of this he says that they "should have been paying attention."

I think it was just that one aisle, but still--when we went by later, there were FOUR people in there taking merchandise out and marking it with scanners before stacking it in carts.

We ask the night cashier whose job it is to run the self checkouts about it and he says they were cleaning the compressors on which the cooling system ran, and...I guess someone fucked up.

So, yeah. I'm just wondering how many heads will roll.
    Last edited by Tama; 02-25-2015, 06:06 PM.
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

That all depends...if the culprit was a beloved asshole
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

It was probably insured. We had it happen a couple of times where I worked before. We once lost 9 freezer doors worth of food at once. It was 90 degrees in the freezer. In someways it was kinda cool because the yeast rolls had proofed in the freezer and were bursting out of the bag and opening the doors. We had to scan all the food before we put it in the dumpster so we could turn it into the insurance company.

Comment

Quoth crazyofficeclerk View Post
        It was probably insured. We had it happen a couple of times where I worked before. We once lost 9 freezer doors worth of food at once. It was 90 degrees in the freezer. In someways it was kinda cool because the yeast rolls had proofed in the freezer and were bursting out of the bag and opening the doors. We had to scan all the food before we put it in the dumpster so we could turn it into the insurance company.
        Insurance is a definite for instances like this. We've had freezer failures, even though the MOD is supposed to do a "temp walk" of the coolers/freezers/display cases to ensure they are functioning at the right temperature several times daily (there is a sheet they have to fill out daily and document the time they checked and the temperature registered in all sections of the store*

Any variance in temperature is IMMEDIATELY reported and work order submitted. If we're lucky, we'll get same day service from our area maintenance guy (Litter Box has a maintenance department and they have techs who work in the areas where they have stores) who will get to us ASAP and start to figure out what's going on.

And if Tim the Toolman can't fix it by himself, he calls in help.

In the case of a freezer failure, it could be that a compressor went bad in between the times that the cases were checked by Management, or suddenly due to a power failure (as in bad storm knocking off power to the store/shopping center or someone hitting a pole and knocking off power, whathaveyou) These instances are covered under our insurance.

I remember the WD store at Cone Blvd (now a Roses's store) was really bad for losing power in bad weather. One winter we had several ice events that caused power failure and we had to scan out all the freezer/deli/bakery items that were lost, take pictures of each buggyfull of stuff and submit the photos and register receipts to the DM, so he could forward to the appropriate department to file the claim.

One storm in particular knocked off power overnight and was out part of the next day. We lost around $80,000 worth of frozen/dairy/deli/meat perishable items.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
        X