This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lavender is amazing!

I'm a naturally anxious person. At least, I've been that way for so long that I don't remember when in the last few years that I haven't been anxious.

I forget where I read it but I read SOMEWHERE that the scent of lavender is very calming. So I went over to my local...I don't know what to call them, they sell stuff for Buddhism, Wicca, and Rastafarian things and that's just what I know. I note they have a lot of lavender incense, which they sell at a great price, under $2 for 20 sticks.

Every day since I got those I've lit two a day. I also got some essential oil lavender and have put it on pulse points (where I'm told is best to apply it).

The effect has been astounding. I've never been so calm.

This weekend when we go to our nearby Hellmart I'm getting some lavender scented candles or febreeze.
    My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

When gardening season hits, you can buy a lavender plant. I have two in my front planter boxes. There's lots of information online about what to do with it. If you're interested.

I too find lavender relaxing. Especially lavender bath salts or something similar in conjunction with a hot bath.
    I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

Bath and body works has a really great line of bath oils, etc that are geared to soothe, or relax or what have you. Love that line

Comment

One thing - try to get the natural stuff, not artificial, if you can. It definitely works better. Food-grade lavender flowers can be used to make sachets (keeping one in your pillow can help you sleep) and can even be used to make tea. Do take care of course, always be very careful with anything that you breathe in or ingest in some way.

Mountainroseherbs.com sells a lot of natural herb products.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Sunshine View Post
          Bath and body works has a really great line of bath oils, etc that are geared to soothe, or relax or what have you. Love that line
          I love their "Stress Relief" scent (eucalyptus and spearmint). I have the linen spray (which I also have in "Sleep" scent which is lavender and chamomile, I think; they don't linger on the sheets, so I can alternate scents every night if I want), body spray, bath salts and bubble bath (which inspired my green bathroom, and as of last week I finally have shelves in there to put the bottles on!), and I also keep a bottle of the hand soap on my desk at work (which sometimes I just open to sniff it).

A few months ago I came across a DIY room freshener - you take a small mason jar (the kind with the two-piece lid) and fill it about halfway with baking soda mixed with your choice of essential oil (I got lavender). Use the lid insert to trace a circle out of a piece of paper (I got some pretty scrapbooking paper from the craft store), put the paper in place of the lid, put the ring on, and use a pin to poke several holes in the paper (in a pretty pattern, if you like). I'm guessing some light fabric would work, too. I haven't put them together, yet, but now I'm inspired to finally do it. The best part is you can make the scent as strong or light as you like, and when it starts to fade, just add a few drops of oil. And no artificial smell like those gel things you buy from the store (which tend to give me a headache).
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
          X